Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often to run?

Hello to all

My question is, if I want to maintain my running stamina that I have built up, how often a week does one have to run? I used to run 5-6 times a week, but now I am going to a PT for weight training 2-3 times a week and in all reality, I am getting bored of running. So if my times are good for the POWER test and I can run 3-5 miles for the academy, can I get away with running only 1-2 times a week? I dont want to regress. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.

3 days a week minimum to maintain your current level.
    Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
      yup... may I add that u also try to push your heart rate a little harder in at least one of your weekly runs

Comment

3 days would be ideal. However, when I am busy I sometimes only get 2 days in of running. Doing that I am easily able to maintain what endurance I have and if I push it hard I am even able to see improvement.

If you are bored with running, try mixing it up. Add some boxing or martial arts into your training. It helps with cardio and you get the added benefit of some physical tactics training.

Comment

Originally posted by PTI

Like PTI said, if I run less it shows on my run time.
          Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

I run two hard interval days a week, friday and sunday, and have been able to maintain if not even improve slightly.

Comment

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Will get out there and keep running..yippie!
              I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5389 users online. 283 members and 5106 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X