300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What time of day do you run and what do you eat

What time of day do you run and what do you eat before you run? How long do you wait after you eat/drink before you run?

Looking for varied opinions.

Thanks,

TRPR2B
    Be a leader, not a follower

My runs are in the afternoon. My PT class starts at 1600 so I usually have a small snack (powerbar or peanut butter on wheat bread) on the way there. I don't like to eat a regular meal within about 2hrs of my workout.
    Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

usually between 6 am and 7 am , before the sun gets to un bearable.
      eat half of a banana and a glass or orange juice
      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by trpr2b
        What time of day do you run and what do you eat before you run? How long do you wait after you eat/drink before you run? Looking for varied opinions. Thanks, TRPR2B
        When I run nowadays varies depending on work and home schedules/demands. Whenever I can fit it in is the bottom line. If I had a choice it would be first thing in the morning.

The two hour guideline is pretty standard re: how long to wait after eating before running. How long I actually wait depends on WHAT I eat - toast, cereal etc. I can eat about an hour prior to. Bananas, raisins, yogurt etc. I can eat just a few minutes before I head out.

There's no right or wrong answer re: any of your questions though. What works best for YOU will be trial and error.

Comment

I run mid-morning (about 9 am) I have a protein shake about 45 minutes prior to my run and another protein shake with Glutamine powder and Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) about 10-15 minutes after my run. I do the same for my strength training workouts. My protein shakes are made by blending 8 oz Rice Milk, one frozen banana, 4 raw eggs (2 white only, 2 with yolk.) On strength training days I add another 15 grams of whey protein to my post-workout shake. If you eat eggs raw make sure to get the kind that are pasteurized in the shell to prevent getting Salmonella.

Regards,

Phoenix
          Phoenix

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself." ~Thomas Paine

Comment

My protein shakes are made by blending 8 oz Rice Milk, one frozen banana, 4 raw eggs (2 white only, 2 with yolk.)
            Is that it? No store bought protein powder mix? How does that taste??
            "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Originally posted by haus409
              Is that it? No store bought protein powder mix? How does that taste??
              It tastes like a banana shake. As I wrote earlier, I do add 15 grams of whey powder (chocolate flavor) to my shakes on strength training days to increase the protein content slightly.

I started using eggs because I am allergic to milk. If I consume more than an occasional dose of whey protein my sinuses start to get congested. If you don't like using raw eggs or cannot find the pasteurized version, you can also use powdered egg white protein.

Regards,

Phoenix
              Phoenix

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself." ~Thomas Paine

Comment

I walk and run in the afternoons, around 4-5 PM, when the sun is just setting. I take a Snicker's Marathon bar with me, which is for the return trip. That, and a bottle of flavored water for hydration.
                N. A. Corbier
                Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
                Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

I also walk and run in the afternoons. Any time between 4-8 PM. I try to eat six small portions a day. I wait an hour after I eat to begin my daily workout.
                  IRENE

Comment

Run between 4-5am....Usually some water prior and a protein shake after. I eat around 10am(couple sandwichs from home)....I have never been a early morning eater
                    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

I run around 8pm.. I run 2 miles 2 days on one day off. day off to rest the knees (VERY IMPORTANT)

I suggest the nike shocks (very good absorbing the shock when you run). you can also run on a treadmill more often as the treadmill is less stressful on the knees.

I try not to have anything in my stomach for about an hr before I run. I drink a glass of water 15 min before my run.

Comment

On my run days (every 4th day) I run 5 miles either first thing in the morning (5-6am) or right around sundown. If I run in the morning, I don't eat prior...then I get home and drink some chocolate milk, which according to Runners World is the best post-run. If I run at night I try not to eat at least an hour prior...but sometimes I do. I've run on a full stomach and been fine (although I don't suggest it).

On my upper body weight days I run a mile and walk a mile...the weights take me about 45 minutes so I don't eat prior. On my lower body weight days I do 30 minutes on the elliptical. Again, I don't eat for at least 45 minutes prior.
                        "The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination."
                        - Ronald Reagan

"Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose."
                        - Ronald Reagan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4840 users online. 290 members and 4550 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X