300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calisthenics or weight training

What would you advise for a person who is planning on entering into a police academy, to get them ready for the PT portion of the academy?

Calisthenics or weight training? Both will build muscle but which is better?

How often would you recommend doing either training program?

Well akatrk you should combine a little of both in your routine. Since you are entering in an academy, and in my opinion since they are going to make you run like hell, now is the time to concentrate on your stamina (i.e running, jumping rope, and cross training). But still, keep hitting the weights and calisthenics because running isn't going to increase your strength when you need to take someone down. Peace

Comment

The user PKAGEL has a website -http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/
      On it he has a Navy Seal training program. I downloaded it and will be implementing this new regimen this week. I believe it is in the medical section. Very helpful.

Comment

Thanks for the boost. Yes, it is in the medical section of the files and is about as good as it gets for academy prep. You could always hit the weights on off days if you are skinny. I'm not
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I have not visited Pkagel site but I picked up the book from my local BX. I started the training 6 weeks ago and I am in much better shape physically and mentally. It is a great program to use but remeber to start out slow. Good luck with your training.

PS. Pkagel I am still working on changing my screen name.
          "Live like NO ONE else so later you can LIVE like no one else"....Dave Ramsey

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2784 users online. 123 members and 2661 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X