300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accupuncture

Anyone ever try accupuncture for relief of pain? How did it work?

I have had it done and it worked wonders on me but it was done by a Chinese accupuncturist with 25 years on the job in China before he came to the states. He also did EXTREMELY deep tissue massage before doing the accupuncture. Before getting the accupuncture I couldn't even bend over to touch me knees and had to place a hand on the ground to get out of my car after the morning commute. Afterwards I was back to normal. It took about 10 sessions. You need to find somebody like I did to get those results as doing the little accupuncture course in America just isn't going to cut it.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Thanks. This is severe osteo arthritis pain of the knee, resulting from an injury many years ago. I've had my third Synvisc shot, and not much relief. I will check into it.

Comment

The needles are hair thin and don't hurt at all. The deep tissue massage on the other hand felt like I was getting my soul ripped out. It was well worth it though. Good luck.
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400
          Thanks. This is severe osteo arthritis pain of the knee, resulting from an injury many years ago. I've had my third Synvisc shot, and not much relief. I will check into it.

Hey Jellybean...

As I'm sure your doctor has already told you, the Synvisc shots in some patients will lose effectiveness over time. Your best course of action is doing modified knee exercises to stengthen the muscles surrounding the knee (helps support the weakened knee) and massage/physical therapy. I've seen some positive results in my patients that also take glucosamine sulfate and/or chondrotin sulfate (liquid form is always best.) The medical world has also made many advances with arthroscopic surgery and cartilage transfer procedures. A TKR is a last resort and should only be considered when all other treatments fail and the knee continues to deteriorate.

It wouldn't hurt to see an accupuncturist - but like my husband pkagel pointed out, go to a doctor that has been specially trained in China. Accupunturists in China have to complete medical school BEFORE specializing in accupuncture. Here in the US, you can become a licensed accupuncturist with less formal education and almost overnight. Makes me wonder.....

BTW...I used to work for a medical supply that sold Synvisc. I was once told that Synvisc injectible solutions are made from ground-up red "combs" on chickens and roosters. Quite fascinating !!!
          [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo]Oh listen tender lumplings let me take you by the hands...I

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3568 users online. 192 members and 3376 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X