300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of this guy?

I saw this ad on O.coms home page today. http://mattfurey.com/index.htm Has anyone heard of this guy before and what are your thoughts on his Combat Conditioning program?
    Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Matt Fuery

I have his book Combat Conditioning. It is basically a circuit training routine involving 3 different exercises. One is kinda a variation of the squat thrust, another is a push-up into a lower back stretch and the last is a neck bridge. I guess its a good work out for the days between your regular workouts. Its kinda a hybrid flexibility/free body strength routine...It is definately different than most other stuff out there...
    10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Comment

I thought there was more to it than that. I think he advocates doing only his program and not using weights at all. My friend has a set of DVDs that I'm going to take a look at this weekend, hopefully.

Comment

Thanks Mark, I've been on the newsletter for that site for a while and you're the first person from an independent viewpoint (I think) that has confirmed what they claim on their site and in the emails they send out every week or two.

It does seem, though, that most of the people that give testimonials about the program have previous weight training experience and are already in shape. I'm not sure I would be able to even do all of the exercises, vertical/handstand pushups for instance.

Comment

furey

as with many military insititutions, matt furey is proporting a system that works on functional streangth, insead of big muscles. I have his book, and though simplistic in nature, these excercises will destroy you. I would not cut out all wieghts, and I still dont like the back bridge, but use the combat conditioning to improve your real streangth. Furey also has a combat system called "catch wrestling" Check it out...it's brutal. But as with all people, furey is after the dollar sign. He is not the only one that hacks catch wrestling...check out Tony Checcine. Terrible (and I mean terrible) videography, great moves, great tapes, cool and nasty system
          www.officerdownbracelets.com
          R.L.T.W

Comment

Originally posted by bluezy
            as with many military insititutions, matt furey is proporting a system that works on functional streangth, insead of big muscles. I have his book, and though simplistic in nature, these excercises will destroy you. I would not cut out all wieghts, and I still dont like the back bridge, but use the combat conditioning to improve your real streangth. Furey also has a combat system called "catch wrestling" Check it out...it's brutal. But as with all people, furey is after the dollar sign. He is not the only one that hacks catch wrestling...check out Tony Checcine. Terrible (and I mean terrible) videography, great moves, great tapes, cool and nasty system
            Gotcha, whenever I go to a site written with the sales pitch all written on one long page with the yellow highlight boxes, numbered lists and a signature at the end I always get suspicious. =)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3286 users online. 209 members and 3077 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X