Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm starting to hear the theme song from the "Twilight Zone" in the background while reading this guy's posts............

Comment

Originally posted by krj
      Actually, it IS recommended that what you eat immediately after exercise is in the simple carbohydrate category - they raise blood glucose and insulin levels, and facilitate glycogen resynthesis.

That doesn't mean the twinkie and soda variety of simple carbs though - more like honey, bagels, cornflakes, raisins etc. (high glycemic foods) - then spaghetti, oatmeal, bananas, grapes, oranges, rice, beans etc. (moderate glycemic foods) - then apples, applesauce, dates, milk, yogurt etc. (low glycemic foods).

The remainder of carbohydrates that you eat post w/o (and continue to eat until your next workout session) should be found in mostly complex carbs (breads, cereals, rice, pasta etc.) and some simple carbs (primarily fruits and vegetables).

Two big things to keep in mind:

1. Immediately post-workout, it's most efficient to eat as soon as possible (hard to do for some people, because they can't stomach a lot of food for a while), and include both a combination of carbohydrates and protein.

2. This whole glycogen resynthesis issue is important for everyone (as in "eating enough carbohydrates throughout the day to adequately fuel each of your workouts") - but the "immediately post workout" and "exact combinations of carbs and protein" is much more of an issue for those who are very fit and participate in very long and arduous bouts of endurance exercise.

For most of us, just try to drink enough before, during and after each workout - and try to eat a healthy diet on a daily basis that's founded primarily on complex carbohydrates, with smaller amounts of lean protein and fat.
      By the way, I did find this post "VERY" informative. Top notch advise. It is the basis and foundation that Physique was founded on about 20 years ago.

"If muscle soreness has ever kept you from exercising, then your body could use the benefits of Physique. Physique contains Bio-Build
      Last edited by Virus; 07-25-2005, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Alright Virus, you've been an interesting (and sometimes amusing) diversion over this past weekend, but it's time to move on. Some bottom lines:

1. You're not who and what you claim to be
        2. Your "research" is flawed
        3. You have cut and pasted two of my posts now (one related to muscle glycogen replenishment post exercise, and one related to post exercise muscle soreness) - and yet you STILL seem to think that they are related
        4. There is nothing in the ingredient list link you posted, that would indicate that Physique can do this:

Originally posted by Virus
        Another poster mentioned Shaklee Physique. Awesome, awesome product. It'll keep you from getting sore even after really pushing your lifting.
        5. AGAIN - you canNOT eat yourself out of muscle soreness
        6. You may or may not be a bit of a nut-job.

I'm done. If they're inclined, others may take the time to respond to your posts.

Or not.
        Last edited by krj; 07-25-2005, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by krj
          Alright Virus, you've been an interesting (and sometimes amusing) diversion over this past weekend, but it's time to move on. Some bottom lines:

1. You're not who and what you claim to be
          2. Your "research" is flawed
          3. You have cut and pasted two of my posts now (one related to muscle glycogen replenishment post exercise, and one related to post exercise muscle soreness) - and yet you STILL seem to think that they are related
          4. There is nothing in the ingredient list link you posted, that would indicate that Physique can do this:

5. AGAIN - you canNOT eat yourself out of muscle soreness
          6. You may or may not be a bit of a nut-job.

I'm done. If they're inclined, others may take the time to respond to your posts.

Or not.
          I just don't understand why you think I have some other agenda. I don't. I was just offering advice to subject matter that I know alot about and that is supplements, research and integrity of science research. I don't know everything about nutrition, nor do I claim to. I've had alot of friends and cowrkers over the years whom all had the same sketisism about products and some took it just to shut me up. Every single one of them had the same results. Little to no soreness after lifting.

Stating that the research isn't credible or flawed is just rediculous. If you are in the field, you know these journals are extremely credible. Some are more known to the lay person, ie:The Journal of the American Medical Association or The Journal of the American Dietetic Association. The Journal of Applied Physiology isn't as well known to most people, but in the science field it's a very credible journal.

I'm a very honest person. It's hard to understand this in a forum. The reason that I don't pursue a "Shaklee Business" or any other MLM business is I don't want the tax headache associated with it. ie:mileage, state taxes, etc. I make over 100k a year, my wife makes over 140k a year. That's good enough for us. I pay my $19 or $20 a year for membership just as I pay my $80 a year for membership to Costco.

I've never attacked your credibility as from reading your posts, you appear to be right on the money with your statements. Personally, I prefer to keep an open mind to all aspects of my life, while still maintaning sketicism. My modo is, "trust, but verify". If I don't know something and it interests me, I learn everything I can about it.

Comment

ProWriter, here is my easy to understand outline of the product and why it works. This is why I stated that I needed some time to write it up. I'm by no means a very good writer so it takes me more time.

The Whole Story

1. The muscle cell is worked out and is tired. It needs glucose and amino acids to recover and build.
            2. Insulin is the main muscle building hormone in the body. It opens the
            Last edited by Virus; 07-28-2005, 06:55 AM.

Comment

I combine 2 liters of water, whey protein, maltodextrin, and dextrose into a shake.

Quickly digested protein with simple and complex carbs. The science behind it can be found here.
              http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/windowofopportunity.php

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5165 users online. 305 members and 4860 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X