300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to get in shape

Okay, very good chance I'll be in the academy in July. Not for absolute sure, but a good chance. I have no problem with situps and weight training, but running and pushups are a bit iffy for me. I have sustained injuries to my right shoulder (slight tear, not complete, to a tendon due to an accident with a skeet trap) and my knee (it just gets sore after running for a while due to a rotation injury last year). I can still do some pushups and running, but I want to be able to do what is required of me. I also need to lose some weight, but if I'll just get out and exercise (who really has the time these days?), I'll drop weight like it's nothing. Any suggestions?
    It's the ones you love that will kill you the quickest.

Official O.COM Man of Mystery.

Send me a PM with your email addy, I'll help ya out!

Comment

Here's a place to start: http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26575

Also go back over some of the old threads re: pushups, situps, running (all contain how-to's and injury prevention info), as well as diet and nutrition info. The "search" function doesn't work properly on this forum, but you can look for info page by page in the fitness section. Ask specific questions if you don't find the answers you're looking for. And don't use the "there's no time" card as an excuse for not starting your fitness/weight loss regimen. There is.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by krj
        Here's a place to start: http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26575

Also go back over some of the old threads re: pushups, situps, running (all contain how-to's and injury prevention info), as well as diet and nutrition info. The "search" function doesn't work properly on this forum, but you can look for info page by page in the fitness section. Ask specific questions if you don't find the answers you're looking for. And don't use the "there's no time" card as an excuse for not starting your fitness/weight loss regimen. There is.

Good luck.
        Oh, hell, there's always time! Especially for weight loss. Currently I am walking 2.5 miles twice a day. Really helps me to take my dog (avatar picture). As far as fitness goes, the local gym owner is a friend of the family and said that he'll let me come up and workout for free. Plus if I get on the PD (still waiting on my letter...), they have a free gym membership program with him. But his hours are sporadic at best. I should just buy a Bowflex...

BTW, thanks for the link.

Comment

HEY! Round is a shape. Isn't it?

Kelly

We are the thin blue line
          between you
          and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sgkelly
            HEY! Round is a shape. Isn't it?

It certainly is. There's not a thing wrong with you. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
            "Only imperfection is intolerant of imperfection"

Comment

Originally posted by TXLady
              It certainly is. There's not a thing wrong with you. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
              I'm guessing that wasn't directed at me...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16413 users online. 377 members and 16036 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X