300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Police Academy Preparation

Ok, I just passed my pre-employment physical for a state police agency in New England. It was the final step and from my understanding with this dept, if you make it this far, you get an offer. Believe me.. when/if it becomes "official", I will post it.. but.. until then, I need to start preparing now. The SP do a 3 week "pre- basic" which is VERY tough. Then on to the 16 week basic, then a 3 week post basic. I know a Trooper who recently graduated and told me former Marines told him it was MUCH worse than boot camp. I am an avid weightlifting, and i run maybe twice a week... I need to increase my stamina for long distance running. Are there any workouts/ cardio routines out there that are aimed at helping prepare someone for the academy? I understand that they have runs in excess of 8 miles at a time. I have a few months and I want to start training NOW! Any suggestions?

Take a look at this site. its free. There are at least two state police academies that use this training.
    http://crossfit.com/

Comment

I will check that out, thanks!

Comment

Here's a link to a previous discussion on Crossfit: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...light=crossfit

EMcNeice, take a look through some of the old threads in the Health and Fitness section - there's been a lot of discussion re: improving running ability, and there's also many good links attached to the threads that leads to other running sites (runners world etc.).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11626 users online. 365 members and 11261 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X