300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible....

I used to smoke about a pack a day and I only smoked for about a year or so. Well, thank god I quit that but I started chewing tobacco to take away those cravings. I stopped smoking and started chewing a little over a year ago. I began running and doing a lot of cardio as well. A few years ago I was in great shape. I played basketball all the time and I was very active and lifting weights. I have had a few surgeries and now 6 years later, I am not nearly the person I used to be when I graduate highschool (go figure). But it seems now that I am chewing and running it is so hard for me to get my times down in the 4-6 miles that I run. It seems as if I have hit a plateau. It just seems to me that I can not get my cardio better. I was wondering if it was possible that chewing could somehow affect my breathing? It's obvious that smoking would but I am curious about chewing. The only thing I have going for me right now is that I am trying to quit chewing. I will kick it in about a month, but does anyone know if it is possible tha is what is messing me up? thanks.
    "...and that was the second time I had crabs."
    "Stinks like sex in here."

The only way I can think of chewing affecting your breathing is if they have to remove your jaw because of cancer, which might actually improve the air flow quite a bit.

Anyway, I pretty sure you plateau is simply a matter of an ineffective workout, your body adapting to the one your on or both. Lots of posts on running here.

Comment

If chewing has as many chemicals in it as smoking, it's probably not helping your body at all.
      We don't need no stinking badges!

If there ain't no waves, you ain't rowing!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10030 users online. 216 members and 9814 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X