Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to go with Nike cross trainers myself. I've had good luck with them and they've lasted the longest for me. Not that it makes a difference but I almost always buy men running shoes, they just fit better. I've tried New Balance before and they were okay the first month or so but they didn't last long and they ended up ripping into my heels. Maybe I just got a bad pair, who knows, some people swear by them.

Comment

I agree with KRJ about the ankle weakness thing. If you got ankle stability problems then that problem needs to be addressed. Most cross trainers are low cut shoes and wouldn't provide any ankle support. There are high tops out there. "Bare feet" ? No way that's really dangerous. One could slip during an exercise or get an infection from the gym floor. That's why power lifters were wrestling shoes; they are totally flat soled and provide the ankle support Ismalibu thinks is so important.

Comment

Originally posted by JRT6
        I agree with KRJ about the ankle weakness thing. If you got ankle stability problems then that problem needs to be addressed. Most cross trainers are low cut shoes and wouldn't provide any ankle support. There are high tops out there. "Bare feet" ? No way that's really dangerous. One could slip during an exercise or get an infection from the gym floor. That's why power lifters were wrestling shoes; they are totally flat soled and provide the ankle support Ismalibu thinks is so important.
        Please note that I didn't actually advocate anyone lift weights in bare feet.

I'd think that'd be obvious, but I also think "Do not use in bathtub" labels on toasters are unnecessary.
        *Not a cop*

Comment

Thank you all again for the input. I will goto Fleet Feet sometime this next weekend and check what shoes they have.

Jen
          "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
          Not Yet Visited: 16
          Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

You definitely need to go to a specialty running store and get fitted. Everyones feet are different, and just because one shoe works for one person doesn't mean it will work for another. A good store will video tape you running on a treadmill and then discuss what they see. They should also let you "test drive" a few different brand, just run around the block to see how they feel before you buy the,
            Right now I am running in Mizuno Wave Alchemy and I love them, I also am pretty fond of Saucony. Just find what works for you.
            "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17304 users online. 492 members and 16812 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X