300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insomnia

I've been having a real issue with this lately. I've been getting little to know sleep at night and I feel like a zombie during the day unless I'm slugging down coffee every hour or so. I'm a little confused as to what might be causing it as I work out 5-6 days a week and I've been eating right. Any ideas for a cure other then hitting the bottle before bed time?
    "Long hours, hard work, but hey, at least the pay sucks."

If you don't want to slam down a few Beam & Cokes, try a couple of Tylenol PMs. It takes about an hour for them to kick in.
    If it wasn't for STUPID PEOPLE I'd be unemployed.

Comment

Originally posted by SWATcop
      If you don't want to slam down a few Beam & Cokes, try a couple of Tylenol PMs. It takes about an hour for them to kick in.
      I work a weird shift, and that's what i use to sleep, also. Or Children's Benedryl liquid. i used to used Melatonin but it stopped working for me for some reason. I guess i am "addicted," but i get home from work at 2AM and do not get sleepy for hours.

Comment

Valerian, its an Herbal root. Smells like **** in the bottle, but works pretty good and you do not get addicted. Stay away from caffeine before bed time. Do not work out at least 2 hrs and do not eat right before bed. Also my doc told me the other day , that although a hot shower feels great before bed, he recommended not too because it has something to do with warming up the blood flow, etc...hope you get to sleep soon.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

If you are under 200lbs, try 1mg of Melatonin. Over 200, get the 3mg or take 2 1mgs is 1mg doesn't work.

Comment

Working out in the morning or mid-day energizes me during the day, and allows my body to "give in" at night.
            "No ma'am I'm not racist; I can assure you that I hate everyone equally"

Comment

Due to ten years of rotating shifts I have developed a sleeping disorder and now have to take prescribed sleeping pills whenever I rotate from midnights to afternoons. The chief says that even though rotating shifts literaly takes years of your life it's "good for the city" and that why we have them. Of course no one including the chief can articulate just what the f**k "good for the city" means and how that it determined. Detect the hostility in that? I just rotated and going through mood swings. Feb. is great because we rotate every two weeks this month.

Comment

You rotate every two weeks? Ouch.

We rotate every 3 months. We used to rotate every 4, but there were a few complaints that everyone was working the same shift during the same season. So this let's you switch up, and not have to work summer nights and winter days every year.

There was some talk of permanent or bid shifts, but it looks like it was mostly shot down. As a new guy with only 3 officers under me, I'm sort of against the permanent shifts. (For now at least!)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15933 users online. 478 members and 15455 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X