Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy Seals or Ranger workout?

ANyone buy these dvds? What are there workouts routines? Thanks

lol......you don't want to do that bro. training to become one of those guys is a lot more mind then body. if they made it far enough to be considered, then you can bet that physically they're studs already. the most important aspect of that type of training is that of mind over matter. making sound decisions when your body is throwing in the towel - that's what that training is all about. another sick group are the airforce para-rescue guys. that training is just vicious.

Comment

A good friend of mine is a Ranger... been out for a couple years now. The only routine he does now are 12 ounce curls....

Comment

My friends brother is a Pararescue. In their basic training, when you throw up, you do it into your shirt(which is tucked in) and it stays in there until the end of the day
        In Memoriam:
        Cpl. Chad Wayne Powell
        USMC
        Killed in Action
        Fallujah, Iraq
        June 23, 2005

Comment

I got the Navy Seal Workout online from bodybuilding.com.

I tried the first few weeks of the program last summer. It's very challenging. I couldn't do the swimming portion though. But it's a lot of running. They use basic bodyweight exercises: push-ups, situps, pullups,dips and run. They also swim as well. It will definetly make a change in your endurance and strength. The first couple of weeks I did. I could see a change. The first two weeks are the same, then the sets & reps and running increase. It's a good overall workout to condition yourself.
          Your life is an open book, what message are you giving the readers.

Comment

Here's a wake up call. I am 57 years old and for the past few years I have been doing aerobic type exercises because of heart ailment. Well, after a training class on PPCT I decided I needed to do some strength training. So I plop down to knock out a few pushups and lo and behold I could not do one single pushup. I am in the gym at least four days per week now and I'm working on it. So guys, don't sit around too long. It will take it's toll on you.

Comment

I have been doing the Navy SEAL workout for almost a year now. I find it to be 10X better than weights. I didn't buy the DVD, but I bought the book by Mark De Lisle. GREAT BOOK. I recommend it to anyone.

It's difficult to do the swimming portion for lack of a pool, but everything else is easy because you don't have to go to a gym (just stay at your house).

Comment

Pt

Military PT is generally all the same, with some exceptions. The basic idea is to mix strength building with endurance exercises. The Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force all conduct similar PT sessions. The staples of their sessions are Push ups, sit-ups, a run, and pull ups. Do a web search for "max your APFT." The idea is to do it consistantly.

Stay Safe!!!

NCHawk56
                Last edited by NCHawk56; 02-11-2005, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Seal Workout

I think I am going to start the Seal workout on Monday, do you have any advice on something to substitute in for the swimming?
                  "No ma'am I'm not racist; I can assure you that I hate everyone equally"

Comment

I wish I could help u out Titan, but I really don't know. I never did the swimming portion, but I still am seeing results. To be honest, my muscles are too tired to workout out for over 2 hours one day, then go swimming the next. I found the non-swimming resistance portion is more than enough

Comment

Yeah I agree I am in my third week on it and it is a great workout without any swimming. I do sometimes run on days off or at least play an hour of basketball to make up for the swimming. In another month I should look like a machine....I hope. Great stuff so far though!

Comment

I am starting this SEAL BUD/S Catagory 1 training next monday. It was given to me by a Trooper to get me ready for when they try to kill me in the academy. When do you guys do your weight training mixed into all this??

Comment

I am following this program and there is not mention of weight training. Trust me, after their workout, you should be at muscle failure anyhow. The program I am following tells you this is not going to make you look like "Arnold." It will, however, get you into top physical shape. I had to modify the program a little. I don't like the fact of working out Mon-Fri, and resting Sat-Sun. Maybe I'm wrong, but m body needs the rest an extra day. I am still feeling great afterwards and feel like I am gaining in every area. I was usrprised to see how much they emphasize proper form and STRETCHING. They would rather you do one correct push up, then 20 bad form ones... Anyhow, good luck to you and stick with it. Here is a link to the program I am involved with....

http://www.masterlevelfitness.com/

Comment

Thanks for all the info about these workouts. I could not run much more than a mile - mile 1/2 a few months ago and i am running my 1.5 miles at 10:30 or less now and just ran a 5k this weekend in 23:40. So far this workout has gotten me in great shape and I hope to run my second 5k this summer and hopefully drop closer to 20 minutes. But so far it has made a huge change in my fitness level!

Comment

So should I not go to the gym while doing this program? I'm just worried about loosing muscle mass. I typically weight train at the gym 4 days a week, but I guess this SEAL workout will leave me with no strength left to go to the gym anyways. Running and stamina is what i need to work on most and thats what this program focuses on. I better go re-commission my bicycle that I haven't used in years since I won't be able to do the swimming part.

Also, I don't have the stretching part of the program. Should I just do basic stretches or does it call for specific ones?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8193 users online. 244 members and 7949 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X