300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can bad vision disqualify?

My eyes are 20/365 uncorrected. With glasses and soft contacts, I'm 20/20. Is this fine for hiring, or should I consider corrective surgery ASAP?

Bottom line is that it is going to depend on the dept. Some are cool as long as you are correctable to 20/20. Some have a min uncorrected, and then they must be corrected to 20/20. Basically, just check around.
    Facts are meaningless, they can be used to prove anything.

Stay Safe

Comment

Cool. I know I have looked at requirements on different dept. websites that say must be 20/20, but I'll see officers from that dept. wearing glasses. Wondering if they hold really strictly to what they post on the website. I'll keep researching. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbkrpnk
        Cool. I know I have looked at requirements on different dept. websites that say must be 20/20, but I'll see officers from that dept. wearing glasses. Wondering if they hold really strictly to what they post on the website. I'll keep researching. Thanks!
        You can call the dept and or find out when you get a physical done. I am sure you should be ok if you can see everything (20/20) with your glasses on. Good luck. Also this can be addressed in the LE questions area...might get some better answers.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Most Depts in Texas require 20/70 or 20/100 correctable,

Comment

Here it's 20/200, they have it so in case your optical assistance goes to hell you can still make out a target/friendly and the like
            We don't need no stinking badges!

If there ain't no waves, you ain't rowing!

Comment

YES!!!!!

I failed my eye exam twice so the state doctor advised me to get Laser eye surgery. I got the surgery and now I have 20/10 vision. After I faxed my new eye info to the state doc and then was denied admintance to the academy because I had surgery 90 days prior to the start day. Now Im wait listed. go figure.
              American Born, Country By the Grace of God

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12308 users online. 301 members and 12007 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X