Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wich are the waivers for..............

hello everyone im glad to be part of your forum as a fresh member. know here is my question; what is the waiver for a physical or for the pt test if you are selected for a law enforcement job with the dept. of defense? as a veteran what are the waivers? will they hire you now matter what or they have a high standards as any other fed. agency?

Re: wich are the waivers for..............

Originally posted by scorpion
    know here is my question; what is the waiver for a physical or for the pt test if you are selected for a law enforcement job with the dept. of defense? as a veteran what are the waivers? will they hire you now matter what or they have a high standards as any other fed. agency?
    If I understand your question correctly, you are not able to participate in some/all of the pt test, and want to know what the procedure is to excuse yourself from some/all of the test (?).

Don't know if it is the same in the U.S. but when I did fitness testing for the Canadian military you were required to "show up" for the fitness tester. If your pre-screenings were not OK (ie. heart rate, blood pressure, etc. were above the cutoffs), I sent you to the base physician to get a release (ie. a doctor's note that you were OK/not OK, to proceed with the test). If you indicated YOURSELF that were not able to test I also sent you to the base doc to get his OK to proceed. If you were not able able to participate in any/all of the fitness test you were put on remedial PT until you could (time lines in place ie. try again in 3 months/6 months etc.). You were expected to meet minimum fitness standards within a reasonable period of time or your continued employment in the military was compromised.

If you can't meet minimum standards, and will not be able to meet them within a reasonable period of time (while currently employed with the military) I expect that you will have a very difficult time becoming an MP. I don't imagine that the U.S. military is too different. Again.....if I have understood your question(s) correctly.

Don't exactly understand where you're coming from because you indicate that you are located in the Caribbean - hope others can chime in on this and offer you their opinion.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3192 users online. 195 members and 2997 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X