300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back at it after a lapse

I'm just getting back to working out after lapsing for about 3 weeks. I could make plenty of good excuses why I haven't made it to the gym...but really, I was just being lazy.

Now that my motivation is restored (hopefully) I was curious to know if it's better to ease back into the lifting and running, or just jump back in right where I left off.

I'd appreciate any advice.
    Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Re: Back at it after a lapse

Originally posted by kirch
    I'm just getting back to working out after lapsing for about 3 weeks. I could make plenty of good excuses why I haven't made it to the gym...but really, I was just being lazy.

Now that my motivation is restored (hopefully) I was curious to know if it's better to ease back into the lifting and running, or just jump back in right where I left off.

I'd appreciate any advice.
    I'd ease back into it - lift a little lighter and fewer reps/sets, and drop your run distance and speed down a bit until you get back into the swing of things.

Also increase your warm-up time, and spend a little more time stretching at the end of your workouts.

Even with all that you are probably still gonna be a bit sore for the first couple of workouts, but you weren't away from exercise long enough to lose everything so you'll probably recover and settle into your routine again pretty quickly. Good to see you back at it!

Comment

Kirch,

We are the same age so I feel your pain. 3 weeks isn't bad at all. You won't lose that much muscle strength although if you pick up where you left off as far as weights, YOU WILL BE SORE AS HELL! Just make sure that you give each bodypart at least 2 days to recover before you work it again. Oh yeah, and don't forget to stretch.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10602 users online. 251 members and 10351 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X