Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healing Hands

Guys,
    The other night during a foot pursuit I had a glass door shatter on me (I received three large cuts to my face, 36 stiches in all) and minor cuts (with one nasty cut to my right palm). The Doc gave me some antibiotics for the cuts, but I was wondering if there was anything that could help them heal quicker. I'm also having trouble with working out (sit ups and running aren't problematic, but any upper body work out is near impossible). Thanks!
    "Long hours, hard work, but hey, at least the pay sucks."

Can't help you re: ways to heal faster. Just want to say sorry about your injuries and hope you recover quickly.

Also hope you CAUGHT the a**hole you were after!!

Comment

Keep the wounds moist, with antibacterial cream or whatever. If at all possible keep the wounds covered. They will heal faster if they are kept clean. Depending on how big they are the band-aid, gel bandages work pretty well in mobile areas.
      "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all"

Comment

Aloe Vera straught from the plant always worked for me, but make sure you dont have a skin sensitivity to it. I had this nasty burn on my leg from a motorcycle (dont ask) and ended up with cellulitis because I failed to keep it moist and clean...then the doc gave me topical meds I was allergic too...lovely. SOOOOOO, I used aloe vera, antibac ointment (Neosporin) and when it finally healed and stopped oozing, but I had a big scar. I put Vitamin E on it every night before going to bed (can get messy) ...straight from the vitamin pill( just pop it open). I dont have a scar...took a long time the skin in that area to get to a normal color, but it looks normal now. But, that was superficial, not deep like yours.

Take care of yourself..take all our meds; take some acidopholus(s.p.) or eat yogurt with it to keep the bactera level in your tummy normal. Some antibiotics can kill all the good bacteria you need and then you can get tummy troubles .....dont want that.

Ditto what krj wrote...hope you caught the bozo!
        "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
        Davy Crockett

Comment

Unfortunately we didn't get him. I put out the call for the ambulance and 4 other officers arrived along with the shift commander. I felt like an idiot as the crowd gathered around me, but I went back out last night for 3/4 of my shift before my head started throbbing again. I think my new nickname is "Windex", but I'm sure the guys will come up with something more witty. I'm just glad I didn't do it going to get a cup of coffee or something menial.
          "Long hours, hard work, but hey, at least the pay sucks."

Comment

If it makes you feel any better; I run into things all the time. I have never required stitches for any of my run-ins, but I have sprained my ankle I did cut my nose (not bad) by running into a microwave door once. My family finally forgot about that one. The door should not have been left open anyway.

If your head is throbbing, you need to rest. Even if you did not gash your skull , you smashed through glass, Superman.....heads dont like that much. Dont over-do it. Let someone take care of you.
            "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
            Davy Crockett

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14089 users online. 265 members and 13824 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X