300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Kettle Bells

Anybody try this workout? A guy I work with swears by these things. It works all kinds of oblique angles, therefore using muscles and tendons that never get used doing regular weight lifting.

He's a grappler/wrestler kind of guy, loves to hit the mat, and has incredible strength. It seems like it's more applicable to real-world situations like taking someone down to the ground, and not just for looking good in the mirror.

Looking for feedback from anyone who's tried using these.
    Last edited by SinePari; 03-30-2004, 07:29 AM.
    Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Kettlebells

Yes. Kettlebells are a great way to increase your strength. It's the same as many exercises. It centers around lifting(pushing,pulling & holding) weight in many different angles that help increase your overall strength. I was a competitive powerlifter durning & after college, but after I graduated I had to take a job as a furniture delivery man. I found that my strength in the gym did'nt always equal to the strength I needed at times moving furniture. But, after awhile I was able to move even the heavyest piece of furnature almost completely by myself; and all this was done by lifting furnature everyday. Kettlebells work along the same lines. I got into Kettlebells thru a friend I train Submission Wrestling/Russian Sambo with. Even though I have slacked off on using them lately, I found that they helped me have strength in what I viewed as awkward positions. I, personally, think they can help you increase your overall strength & power. But, like many things, it's what you put into it that counts.
    War is'nt about who's right, it's about who's left.

Comment

Re: Kettlebells

Originally posted by Planetkillr
      I had to take a job as a furniture delivery man. I found that my strength in the gym did'nt always equal to the strength I needed at times moving furniture. But, after awhile I was able to move even the heavyest piece of furnature almost completely by myself; and all this was done by lifting furnature everyday.
      I completely agree. Years ago, I had to work in a Circuit City warehouse during the holidays, moving TVs and big boxes all day. Incredibly, I too found that lifting in the gym isn't very applicable to moving heavy objects, or any other awkward movements.

I'm going to incorporate the Kettle Bells into my routine a couple times a week.
      Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8733 users online. 334 members and 8399 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X