Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tae Bo???

Anybody out there tried it?
    I guess I could rent a DVD and see if I can do it. My knee is not much of a problem these days...just gets clicky; nothing major. More flexibility and stronger quads would help that, I am sure. I can modify anything that looks too rough for it, huh? I normally do with other types of exercise.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. You would think just running after her to keep her from riding the 3 pound dog we own would get me in shape.
    "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
    Davy Crockett

Re: Tae Bo???

Originally posted by BunnyFoo-Foo

You would think just running after her to keep her from riding the 3 pound dog we own would get me in shape.
    Umm. who would "her" be?

To answer your other question, anything that gets the heart rate up is good for you. Tae Bo is fine.

Comment

Bunny - Tae Bo incorporates punching, kicking and blocking movements against imaginary opponents, in choreographed sequences that are set to music. These kinds of workouts usually incorporate all components of fitness - active warmup, cardio (biggest emphasis), muscular strength and endurance, and flexibility.

Tae Bo was designed specifically to be the "next big thing" in group fitness classes - and it was HUGE in the health club scene a number of years ago.

On the whole it's not a bad workout. It DOESN'T burn as many calories in an hour, as the guys on the videos will claim. In addition, you will NOT feel like you are learning martial arts (as the women in the infomercials used to say about "feeling tough" while doing the workout).

Some safety issues (particularly for a beginner with a "clicky" knee):

1. Get a video suitable for beginners so you can get accustomed to the movements and routines

2. Keep all of your movements under control - no flailing arms or legs, no "snapping" of the elbows or knees

3. Keep your supporting leg soft (ie. don't lock it out) during the kicks

4. Watch for too many repetitions on one leg (do 8 reps max, switch to the other leg and do 8 - then switch back again). That will take stress off your supporting leg (particularly your knee)

5. Keep your abs tight throughout all movements (this will help to stabilize your trunk)

That's all I can think of for now. It sounds like you have done other types of classes before, so you are experienced with making modifications if needed. Give it a try and see what ya think!

Comment

Re: Re: Tae Bo???

Originally posted by txinvestigator2
        Umm. who would "her" be?

To answer your other question, anything that gets the heart rate up is good for you. Tae Bo is fine.
        OOOPS! That her would be my toddler.
        I am in the gunky, festering snot stage of a cold right now and was probably having a Benadryl hangover moment; I wrote something, but deleted it.....not all of it though.

UGHGHGHG! I can't sleep right now...stuffy head, little fever....have to sign stuff to close on our house tomorrow...so maybe I am nervous, too.

Thanks krj...will give it a shot. TIVO is scheduled to record some Tae Bo thing, but I will bet its an infommercial...gee...

Last edited by BunnyFoo-Foo; 03-30-2004, 03:16 AM.
        Davy Crockett

Comment

I can't sleep right now...stuffy head, little fever
          you must not watch television. ya need da nyquil!
          We don't need no stinking badges!

If there ain't no waves, you ain't rowing!

Comment

NO NYQUIL....

Reb.....I dont have a cold like I thought. It is much worse; allergies from hanging out in the beautiful pollen filled atmosphere. I lived out of state for 3 years and forgot how nasty Spring over here makes me feel. It sure is beautiful when the flowers bloom, but I am allergic to most of them. Will find an allergist soon. It seems to get worse as I age....get feverish and all...whats up with that? Then again, it may be turning into a sinus infection....oh the joy....like I really have any energy to go to the doctor.

No Tae Bo until I can breathe through my nose and I get a good nights sleep.
            Davy Crockett

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14497 users online. 441 members and 14056 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X