300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaaaaatkins

Are there any actual success stories out there? A bunch of my buddies that are trying to shapen up for academies or testing have tried it and seem to fail the plan. Seems way too restricting for me to even consider.

I was also using a superhydration method of lowering intake of food and reducing body temperature, does this work at all or another myth?

Im not really overweight by much, a few pounds.. currently about 5'10" 189lbs, im just workin on cutting body fat mass...

Anyone who tells you that Atkins or South Beach diets don't work, didn't follow the plan.

I watched a co-worker try it, but I KNEW he wasn't doing it right. Cheating yourself by thinking "I'll modify it my way" doesn't cut it.

I did Atkins TO THE LETTER, and lost 12 pounds the first 2 weeks. I was very disciplined, and wrote down everything that I ate.

The introduction phase is the hardest. After that, you'll see what you can and cannot get away with.
    Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

not me, but my cousins have lost about a total of 40 pounds on it, they're not overweight though
      We don't need no stinking badges!

If there ain't no waves, you ain't rowing!

Comment

Atkins is not a good diet plan to follow and I don't recommend it - for all of the reasons that ProWriter and JRT6 layed out last year in this thread:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...0&pagenumber=1

(For those of you who missed out on all the fun the first time around!! )

I actually happened across this forum right around the same time this Atkins thread was getting hot and heavy - and figured I'd stick around to see what OTHER fun things ya'll talk about!)

Comment

2 years ago I was 5-7 and I weighed 270 pounds. I now weigh 180. I used Atkins for a basis for my weight loss. I modified it and cut out most of the food that I was eating. I work nights, so I would not eat while I was working. I would go home in the morning and go right to bed. When I got up I wouldn't eat until dinner. I made sure that I only ate one serving of each item instead of what would fit on my plate. That was the only thing that I ate. I also cut out all fast food. Tastes good, but it'll kill ya. The diet is hard to follow for the first couple of weeks, but your body adjusts.

The downside to this was that I got a lot weaker. Several months in the gym took care of that.

The point is that you have to experiment and figure out what will work for you. Everyone is different and each person will react differently to a diet plan.

Comment

Originally posted by covman454
            I used Atkins for a basis for my weight loss. I modified it and cut out most of the food that I was eating. I work nights, so I would not eat while I was working. I would go home in the morning and go right to bed. When I got up I wouldn't eat until dinner. I made sure that I only ate one serving of each item instead of what would fit on my plate. That was the only thing that I ate.
            Covman, if you were only eating one meal a day, and one serving of each item of whatever you were eating.....it's a VERY calorie restrictive diet, and weight loss HAD to occur. I wouldn't give the credit to Atkins.

Actually, (and not to take away from your success) but from where I'M sitting it sounds like you used starvation as the basis for your weight loss.
            Last edited by krj; 03-24-2004, 06:13 PM.

Comment

krj,

Yeah I guess it was starvation for a while. I was on that for a year. The meals that I did eat were very high protein, i.e. chicken breast, lean beef, etc. I stayed away from startches and sugars. I've had the weight off since last summer. I just finished an intensive program through the gym that I use called APEX. Expensive but worth it.

Covman454

Comment

Adkins

The Adkins diet made me feel like crap. I had a head ache, my stomach was in knots and I could not sleep. I lost 10 pounds but it was not worth feeling that bad. Exersize and a well balanced diet worked better for me
                American Born, Country By the Grace of God

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13188 users online. 335 members and 12853 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X