Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any South Beach Dieters out there???

Hey all,

Im new to the boards and just wanted to know if anyone here is doing the South Beach Diet, and how its working for ya.
    I have been doing it for 6 weeks now and have lost 19 pounds of body fat.The fat loss should help in a big way when it comes time for my physical agility testing, and the academy.

Fordfreak

Thats sweet that you lost the weight, but I dunno about loosing 19 lbs in 6 weeks. Have you been doing cardio with it too?

Comment

Yep, that's what I'm on as well. I'm about 8 weeks in and am almost 20 lbs. down (from 189 to 170). I'm combining the diet with a step up in my workouts to 3-4 times per week. Now I'm running into the unforeseen consequences -- clothes that don't fit. I now have to wear all my pants with belts, had to put a new notch in two of my personal belts and (just today, over lunch) went to the shoe/leather repair place and had two new notches put in my duty belt. Plus, I'm in the middle of ordering a new vest and all my measurements were taken the first week of my diet. Today I called the supply house and found out they're recommending I be re-measured to ensure my $800 vest fits right. I'm doing that tonight.

One other thing. I've noticed that, ever since losing this weight, I seem to be cold all the time. I guess running around without 20 lbs. of insulating fat will do that.

My biggest concern is maintaining things. But, of course, I realize that's entirely up to me and not the diet.
      Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

What is the South Beach diet? Is it low carb?
        Visit TheologyWeb.com now!!!

Comment

Bhedrick,
          Ive been doing alot more weight training than cardio with this diet.I go to the gym once a week and usually only lift weights.I will be adding cardio to my program as well as going 2 more times per week in the near future. My girlfriend however isnt doing anything except the diet itself and has lost more weight than I have. We both started the same day and she has lost 22 pounds on South Beach.

Kirch,
          Great job on the results of your program!!! Its amazing how well this diet works without feeling deprived or hungry all the time.As a matter of fact, I think I eat more now than I did before I started the diet!!!

Yxboom,
          South beach is not really a low carb diet, rather a diet that tells you which carbs to avoid and which carbs to enjoy. This diet weens your body off of the high glycemic index foods which cause your body to crave more of the bad carbs that cause weight gain and hunger.

Fordfreak

Comment

Posted by Fordfreak
            Snip...
            South beach is not really a low carb diet, rather a diet that tells you which carbs to avoid and which carbs to enjoy. This diet weens your body off of the high glycemic index foods which cause your body to crave more of the bad carbs that cause weight gain and hunger.
            I'm on the low carb diet and I've been avoiding the high glycemic carbs because, well, the body can use them!!! The low glycemic carbs are better, such as spinach, string beans, squash, etc.

The low carb diet allows me to eat as much as I want -- when I want -- without gaining negative-weight. And it's the only diet that has worked with consistency for me.
            Visit TheologyWeb.com now!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8734 users online. 336 members and 8398 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X