Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 45 years old 5'10 235 pounds. I just did it Wednesday in 14:30 (1.5 miles)

Comment

• Originally posted by Khanraider97
      I ran 2 miles today, and it felt like I ran those 2 miles in like a little over 14 mins. And that was with walking for a few seconds and running again I might add, so I think I can run 1.5 miles in like 10-12 mins.

That's just an educated guess. Make what you want of it. But it's true. I'm going to start timing myself starting from Weds (because I like to run every other day instead of 5 days a week.).
      Please stop talking.

https://forum.officer.com/forum/publ...g-advice/page2

Comment

• Aidokea Me after reading that thread.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Levithane View Post
        Aidokea Me after reading that thread.
        Yeah, I don't know what mental problem that guy suffers from, but I'm sure it's hard to pronounce.
        "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
        -Chris Rock

Comment

• 50 years ago I went to Vietnam, 6 feet tall and 152 lbs, best physical shape of my life (airborne infantry, pathfinder).

48 years ago I came home from Vietnam, 6 feet tall and 128 lbs. I could hump a 60-lb. rucksack and a full load of weapons and ammo, run 5 miles in the sand any day of the week.

Now I am a retired cop, 5 feet 11 inches tall and 185 lbs. Knee surgery times 3, hernia operation, spinal fracture, skull fracture, arthritis, left shoulder rebuilt by orthopedic surgery, right wrist and elbow recovering from orthopedic surgery. I have a handicapped parking placard for my truck. I use a cane getting around the grocery store. Just learned that my 5th great-grandchild is due on Halloween.

Were we talking about running? Maybe we were talking about something else. I'm sure it will come back to me in a little while. Please be patient with the older guys, we know everything but it can take a while to come up with an answer to all these questions.

Comment

• in the 10:40-11:00 range. Not bad for a 30 year old. I use to run sub 13, 2 miles in my younger 20's while stilk in the Army.

Comment

• I haven't timed myself on the 1.5 mile. The last tests I did with departments either stopped at 1.25 miles for some reason or they incorporated a 500m or 2,000m sprint on the Concept2 rower. A lot of people struggled with the row. Form plays into that a lot and I'm lucky to have one at home. I'm far from being in shape right now, but I'm putting down an 8:30 pace for 4 miles right currently. I had achilles surgery right about 1 year ago that really set me back some on my fitness, but I'm getting back into it. I really wasn't in shape when I had the surgery and not walking for 3 months just made that worse.

Back when I was 18-21 I could throw down a 4:24 mile and run for days. When I joined the Army at 25 I was doing my 2 mile in 10:52. I was much lighter back then though. When I ran that 4:24 I wrestled at 132-135. That was without cutting weight. I graduated infantry basic/airborne at 143 when I ran my 10:52 and later I put down 13 minute 2 miles up until I left at almost 32. I weighed about 180 pounds then. Right now I'm at 195 and I would like to be back down to 180 in the next two months. That alone should help my run time a lot. I'm 5'10" so 195 isn't huge, but it isn't optimal. I can't remember what I read exactly a while back, but you theoretically gain so many seconds per pound lost on your mile time. I'm 40 now and I couldn't imagine ever being able to run like I used to. My younger run times seem impossible now and I wouldn't want to lose enough weight to even attempt it now.

Back in the day I used to log an enormous amount of miles weekly. That's probably why I had to have achilles surgery eventually. Towards the end of my time in the military I began switching to more of a Crossfit style workout and I significantly decreased my mileage. I actually dropped my 2 mile time more doing that versus running daily. I about to start moving to running twice a week or less and doing a Crossfit style workout 5-6 days a week. Personally I seem to respond well to that type of exercise. To drop your 1.5 mile time it seems like it's better to incorporate more HIIT type training, sprints and weights mixed in with a little bit of running.

Comment

• AirborneJones
                AirborneJones commented
                Editing a comment
                I know I just resurrected a dead thread. I need to head to my garage and knockout some weights and a 5,000m row that I'm procrastinating on.

• It's okay, man. this thread has some quotes from the mentally ill Desi pizza delivery ninja from three years ago, and they made me laugh all over again. Man, that guy was a goof...

Comment

• AirborneJones
                AirborneJones commented
                Editing a comment
                It looks like one of the threads was deleted. I can't open it. I'm assuming you are talking about Khanraider97. From what I can see I can only imagine how interesting that thread was. I found some other comments from that guy and they are a little off.

• Aidokea
                Aidokea commented
                Editing a comment
                He got banned and his threads and posts were all deleted, so the quotes are all that remains. He was off...

• At 47....still 230 lol Last 3 times ive run it was 13:56, 12:55 and 13:39 hoping to get back in the 12's again. Maybe dropping down to the low 220's will make that easier.

Comment

• I normally do it in about 30 minutes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3844 users online. 230 members and 3614 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X