300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who is big (mass)?

I am looking for motivation here, please post bigs and give me tips on how to work out after working. I am so tired after work and feel like crap, I need some motivation, please help

I don't know what you mean by "post bigs".

With regards to motivation - that's a tough one because motivation is a very personal thing (ie. what works for one person doesn't work for the next). I know that you are tired and maxed out after work, but half the battle for working out regularly is just "showing up".

My suggestion would be to make a firm committment to show up at the gym 3 times a week - just walk in the door even if working out is the LAST thing you wanna do. Walk in giving yourself permission to do as little or as much as you like (as in "OK - I'm doing JUST bench and squat, and then hittin' the sauna - that's it! In and out in 20 minutes max").

If all you do it is bench, squat and hit the sauna then you fulfilled your committment to yourself. And that's a good thing. You've found the time, you've found the initiative and the motivation to hit your goal for that day. And do the same thing the next time and the next.

A couple of things may happen with this approach:

1. You set (and achieve) small and manageable goals for yourself, and develop over time the HABIT of exercising. And as that habit develops you will begin to add more and more exercises to your routine or

2. Once you walk in the door and begin your workout, you will FEEL the part, and your motivation will continue to increase as you move from one exercise to another (ie. you didn't feel like going, but since you're dressed and there anyway.....now you realize that you actually want to do the workout and are good to go).

Bottom line is that success breeds success. Just get in the habit of showing up regularly - if you can do that, the fitness part will take care of itself.

Comment

Need an incentive to work-out? No-one wants to have sex with fat people and they smell bad in the summer. How's that?
      I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Comment

Comment

LOL that's pretty good

my problem is when i should be working out i'm tooling around on the internet lookin at police and fire websites
          We don't need no stinking badges!

If there ain't no waves, you ain't rowing!

Comment

If you can find someone that works a similar schedule who is willing to commit to working out, it makes a difference. Having someone to force you into the gymn and (vice versa) helps get you into an established routine and that's half the battle.
            "I'd like to hang that wino."....The Bad Czech

Comment

The motivation to get off your butt and get in shape comes from within and that's sometimes tough. A buddy or spouse that is like motivated sure helps but the bottom line is it's YOU that has to get off the couch and out the door. If you're tired after work try a good walk before work by getting up a half hour earlier and getting out the door before breakfast.
              Try a nice walk after work. Also consider parking further away from work on nice days and walikng and that's a start.

Comment

I, myself am now in the middle of a 16 week bulking cycle..I am holding at 165 lbs and am only 5'4..when it comes time to cut down, I will end up getting down to a lean, shredded 145, motivation? A lot of things, my girlfriend, who competes in Fitness Competitions, music, pro bodybuilders pics....

Lift when YOU feel energetic, it also has a lot to do with your diet. I currently work 11pm-7am and I lift right before work..

good luck, lemme know if I can help you!
                Certified Personal Trainer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12782 users online. 337 members and 12445 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X