Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any LEOs out there playing hockey?

Hockey....?
    Last edited by COBRA90GT; 11-22-2008, 04:24 AM.
    Officer Down Memorial Page

Hockey.....?
    Last edited by COBRA90GT; 11-22-2008, 04:25 AM.
    Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

-I stopped playing after an ACL reconstruction in college. Couple of years later I was just teaching skills in an instructional adult league and some of the other instructors got me to play in a more competitive league with them. Those were the best hockey fights I ever had. The ones I remember:

- During warmups, a guy on the other team tells me their trainer never showed up with their water bottles. We got one or two huge Gatorade type keg coolers and two wire carriers with half a dozen liter bottles, each. Skate over to their bench with one of our wire carriers right before I'm supposed to take the opening face-off. "Yo, why don't you go PLAY for them then?" "You sure nobody over there needs your cup too?" We open up shorthanded for delay of game.

- Middle of a close game, someone figures out that one of the other team's better players isn't up to date with his league paper work or roster spot on their team. I'm one of the only votes to just play the F****** game out. We had one cop on the team. I go: "Why don't we have Dave run all their DL's and see if we can maybe get rid of some more of em?" Next vote: Do we get him tossed right now...or shut up about it if the rule book says you retroactively forfeit a game for using somebody illegal in case we lose the game.

- One of my linemates purposely blasts a shot that hits the other goaltender well after the whistle and gets jumped. I just keep skating back to the bench. This ain't LE where the customer's always wrong and no lives are on the line here...just egos. We'd have jumped his *** for that ****, too...and nobody wouldda been more ****ed ABOUT it than this same guy. Penalty we got for delay of game for the argument on OUR bench nullified part of the power play we had when things got started again.

I got others, those are just the ones that come to mind immediately.
      Last edited by ProWriter; 01-07-2004, 12:37 PM.
      No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14781 users online. 422 members and 14359 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X