300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NORCOCOP View Post
    So you are bad enough shape that a week of training makes a significant improvement in your run time.

The brutal truth is you should not be handing out health advice in the web. Its like a 300 pound guy telling someone needing to drop a "few" pounds how to drop weigh "properly." He has no perspective or working knowledge of the subject and worse doesn't even know it. Because anything works for the untrained and out of shape.

To answer the original question it could help bit is no magic pill. It probably comes into play for people way out of the normal gym goers league. There is no supplement or device that replaces good programming, proper application of the basics,, and proper nutrition.

If you have not invested in those for quiet some time start there and hang out in that zone for a few solid years to get perspective and when you apply a tool like this you will have a realistic way to measure its effectiveness.

Otherwise you are never going to really know what works or why and will most likely spend more money and time to get lesser results.
    Brutal truth is to keep our brothers motivated no matter what. Have a helping hand in pushing people you meet on line to do better. FYI. I'm a walking testimony the mask does work. I've done more then enough then to be out of shape. You wanna give advice, tell yourself to delete your account if you have nothing real and nice to say to save people the headache.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephaunc001 View Post
      People will tell you what they couldn't do and say you can't do it either. The only proof I have is the mask. I weigh 230 and my 1.5mile run used to be 16min. that week of running turned my 16min into 8.45min.sec. Everyday I timed myself and I got better and better.

-Stay Motivated
      -Stay Strong
      -Never let people tell you what you can't do.
      You cut your 1.5 mile time in half in one week? And ran it in 8:45 at a bodyweight of 230? Hell, don't bother with law enforcement - you can make way more training people. The Olympic training center would love to hear from you.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Liar liar pants on fire. You certainly just proved my point, quiet succinctly. You did not go from a walking pace to a full on sprint for a mile and a half in a week.

I will delete my on receipt of proof that anybody in the recorded history has made such an improvement in a single week. No need to prove YOU did any single case will do.

I seen hundreds to thousands of recruits stuggle to shave a few minutes off their 3 mile time with 13 weeks of proper nutrition and intense and regimented training with none even approaching a 50% reduction.

Hell, I will mail you $100.00 to an address of your choosing on receipt of an example. The world is tough enough without liars and exaggerated claims muddying the truth every time someone looks for a little bit of advice or information.

Comment

These masks don't actually do anything. As was mentioned above high altitude produces more hemoglobin which allows more oxygenation of the blood. Making it difficult to breath doesn't do that. You could get the same effect as the mask running and holding your breath. Trust me i've don't plenty of gas mask runs and runs at altitude they aren't the same. Just find a solid training plan and stick with it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6966 users online. 298 members and 6668 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X