300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-workout supplements

I get daily emails from DPS nutrition about sale items. The most recent had Cellucor products.

Anyone use Cellucor? I wanted to get feed back on C4 50X, Mass, and ripped. Is there really any difference between them?

What other pre-workouts do people use?

I started back to the gym in earnest right around 8 weeks ago. 3-4 days a week mainly upper body and rehabbing a lower body work injury. I dabbled in different supplements, but finally settle on the following:

1. Assault pre-workout by Muscle Pharm mixed with creatine

2. Monster Amino BCAA blend during

3. assort whey protein post-workout and throughout the day (currently Iso-100 which is 90% pure protein)

With this and my usual eating (like crap) I've seen what I view as significant gains, such as adding 70 pounds to my bench press, going from 0 to 3 complete and proper military pull-ups, etc. I haven't seen any side effect on the negative side but I will say the I think I mixed too much Iso-100 yesterday because it tore up my stomach.

Comment

My favorite is Mr. Hyde. C4 is good too.

Here's my list of Pre-workouts that I have tried:

1) Hyde: This is my go to supplement. Stomach friendly.

2) Pre-JYM: Good but really harsh to my stomach.

3) PreOG: Same as the Pre-Jym.

Comment

U
        Originally posted by Naholo808 View Post
        My favorite is Mr. Hyde. C4 is good too.

Here's my list of Pre-workouts that I have tried:

1) Hyde: This is my go to supplement. Stomach friendly.

2) Pre-JYM: Good but really harsh to my stomach.

3) PreOG: Same as the Pre-Jym.
        I'm also a fan of the Hyde. Only negative I have is with its mixabilty. Even with a good shaker seems to have some chunky spots.

Comment

Cup of coffee 30 minutes before my workout and I feel like superman. Plus coffee has lots of health benefits for athletes.
          http://news.health.com/2014/06/19/5-...-your-workout/

Comment

The best pre-workout is oatmeal, a banana and coffee. Nothing else comes close.

Comment

Originally posted by PSC18 View Post
              Cup of coffee 30 minutes before my workout and I feel like superman. Plus coffee has lots of health benefits for athletes.
              Originally posted by Challenge Coin View Post
              The best pre-workout is oatmeal, a banana and coffee. Nothing else comes close.
              You guys are spot-on, but will have a hard time convincing those who choose to waste their money on sugar and whey that it is a scam. Anyone who knows anything about supplements wouldn't waste their time or money. Good nutrition, adequate hydration, proper technique and training intervals will prevail over snake-oil every time.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

+1 on the coffee. I'm in my early 40's and this is has been my pre-workout since I was in boot camp at 17 years old (split option).

Comment

Originally posted by burky63 View Post
                  +1 on the coffee. I'm in my early 40's and this is has been my pre-workout since I was in boot camp at 17 years old (split option).
                  Coffee makes me have to use the restroom too much. Can't squat when you squirt.

I use a 5 hour energy instead.
                  "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I used to be a big muscle pharm assault guy but they changed their formula and i'm not a fan. Regular user of c4, and love it. I recently switched to 5% nutrition and their pre workout and also love it.

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                      coffee makes me have to use the restroom too much. can't squat when you squirt.

i use a 5 hour energy instead.
                      lol

Comment

MusclePharm Assault. It has been working great for me for years. Coffee/Caffeine is fine but doesnt give me the motivation Assault does. Only 2g Sugar, 2g Carbs, and 10 Calories(per serving). I suggest giving it a try.
                        Heavy Metal Is The Law

Comment

I've been using Bullnox for awhile and like it.

Living in the PNW for awhile now, I still haven't become a coffee drinker yet.

Comment

Look up TLMResearch M-1 or MethLab...it's goooooood ****.

Comment

I like c4 but recently switched to Prejym and really like it. Also has some other good products and training tips, check out Jimstoppani.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5250 users online. 293 members and 4957 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X