300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supliments

I am a relatively small guy, 6'0" 165lbs. I was recently hired by a police department and I am about to go off to the academy for 20 weeks. I work out attempting to get bigger and basically just stay in shape. I am new to the supliment world so I recently stopped by my local GNC and spoke with the salesman...he sold me a 5lb container of whey protein and some multi-vitamins (both GNC brand) to take daily. Just wondering if this is the right stuff to be taking; and basically just asking for advise/opinions from more experienced guys....
    "132 and Bush I've gottem at gunpoint"
    "Ok, gunpoint 132 and Bush coverage code 3"

55Johnny - I would encourage you to check out some of the old threads in the health and fitness section (particularly the "Supplement" and the "Feedback Requested" threads - both from September 03). These SHOULD answer many of your questions.

After that, I know that there is much experience on this forum - everyone will be happy to answer any other specific questions you might still have.

I've been on this forum long enough to begin wondering whatever happened to just exercising hard and eating right..............

Comment

Thanks....Ill check them out.
      spelling isny me specialty either....

Comment

Originally posted by 55Johnny
        spelling isny me specialty either....
        Do ya THINK?? (Just messin' with ya - welcome to O.com )

Comment

Health food store employees generally know absolutely NOTHING about "nutrition" or "health" besides how to parrot whatever words their marketing dept tells them to say to push whatever crap their company has told them to push to gullible customers. NEVER ask any health food store employee ANYTHING besides their store hours or the price of some item you're already considering buying...and double check the store hours, just to be safe.

As KRJ said, I've already answered this question in much greater detail on some old "supplement" threads if you want to take a look.
          No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

ProWriter.

I agree with you, especially GNC, they don't know JACK. However, I shop at a Discount Nutrition store, and the guys there are VERY knowledgeable, and have been VERY helpful with my supplement needs.
            Certified Personal Trainer

Comment

So is the whey protein and multi-vitamin they way to go? Tried looking at the other threads couldnt really find the answer....

Comment

55 Johnny-Mutlivitamins, are important for us ALL to take. They prevent you from getting sick, and just keep your body's immune system in check. Whey Protein helps put on lean muscle mass, and THAT is what you want, remember, fat and muscle are 2 different types of cells, you can't turn one into the other.

I use a good multi-vit, I for the life of me forget the name(even though I take it everyday, along with about a dozen OTHER pills lol)

As for Whey, I use a Whey Isolate, since I am lactose intolerant. It's called ISOPURE and is GREAT stuff....
                Certified Personal Trainer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9097 users online. 327 members and 8770 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X