300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90x3

I'm just looking to see if anyone has done this work out routine, particularly CVX or The Warrior as I'm looking to jumpstart my cardio. Looks pretty intense but wanted to hear from you guys. Thanks in advance!

Anything you do with p90x is great.... It does very well with sustainable cardio.... Not so much with long distance running. It will definitely help with staying in the "fight." Years ago I mixed P90x (original) and insanity and it kicked my but. Biggest thing with P90x is to keep good form. If you can only do two reps while the video stars are doing 30, stick with your two reps and build from there.

As far as the new ones I don't know them well, but Tony does a good job every time.

Comment

We did the plain p90x for PT in the academy which got me favoring it and I heard that the new p90x3 has all the workouts at 30 minutes for optimal performance. I wanna use it on off days from running (training for a 5k) for more/varied cardio and weightloss. I'm excited to start it up

Comment

Not to be contrary but except as a supplement to an actual structured program that incorporates lifts that can create gains and strength increases over a long period of time, it is not a great program. The human body is an efficient machine and can acclimate to strain and stimulus at a very fast rate. Conditioning is the least difficult aspect of health to acquire. So a "program" based on running and another conditioning component/P90 anything. Is going to be a short start that should have a shelf life. Then be replaced with something that can be progressively loaded and make consistent long term gains once you have acclimated to the stimulous.

I am saying it is a short term answer to a long term problem and you should seriously consider investing your time more wisely. I understand this may rub some the wrong way but it is the truth. Being strong and healthy is a long term commitment. Flashy and fun should have nothing to do with why a program is picked. Neither is "feeling" good, or being exhauster afterward, a good measure of effeciveness. Is it something you can do long term. Is it healthy to keep doing long term. What is the result of doing this and excelling at it after a few years. Find me one person who has ran something like this for a year or so that is an impressive physical specimen.... You should do something that is the most direct route to being what you desire.

I won't pick what that is for you. But, as an Officer you should be stronger and fitter than most of the people you deal with. I am not saying you have to be the baddest guy on the block but if the majority of the people you are dealing with could take you in a fair fight, there is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by NORCOCOP View Post
          Not to be contrary but except as a supplement to an actual structured program that incorporates lifts that can create gains and strength increases over a long period of time, it is not a great program. The human body is an efficient machine and can acclimate to strain and stimulus at a very fast rate. Conditioning is the least difficult aspect of health to acquire. So a "program" based on running and another conditioning component/P90 anything. Is going to be a short start that should have a shelf life. Then be replaced with something that can be progressively loaded and make consistent long term gains once you have acclimated to the stimulous.

I am saying it is a short term answer to a long term problem and you should seriously consider investing your time more wisely. I understand this may rub some the wrong way but it is the truth. Being strong and healthy is a long term commitment. Flashy and fun should have nothing to do with why a program is picked. Neither is "feeling" good, or being exhauster afterward, a good measure of effeciveness. Is it something you can do long term. Is it healthy to keep doing long term. What is the result of doing this and excelling at it after a few years. Find me one person who has ran something like this for a year or so that is an impressive physical specimen.... You should do something that is the most direct route to being what you desire.

I won't pick what that is for you. But, as an Officer you should be stronger and fitter than most of the people you deal with. I am not saying you have to be the baddest guy on the block but if the majority of the people you are dealing with could take you in a fair fight, there is a problem.
          I absolutely understand. I was lifting for a while, taking a bit of a break as I wrap up the academy (short term, indeed) but my goal is to get back to lifting. This is just for inbetween/leaning up

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4372 users online. 299 members and 4073 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X