300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skwashie

Running Shoe Madness

Looking for help in choosing running shoes, good running shoes. I didnt know there was soo much mechanics into buying the right shoe for an individual, i suffer form shin splints when running, and through reading websites i believe i overpronate when running. What type of shoe should I buy to help correct this problem?

thats the shoe im currently looking at buying...
  • krj
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2003

Try these sites:

www.runnersworld.com (Runners World Magazine)

Down left side of page it lists pages of information on issues related to footwear

www.roadrunnersports.com (Road Runner Sports Shoe Store)

The shoes you were looking at are a BIT cheaper on this site than the Asics site (but not by much). All other major brands are here also (and some that are sale priced).

Comment

• Delta_V
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2001

You have tried the shoe on before, right? Running shoes are one of those things that, IMO, you shouldn't get off of the internet unless you've owned a pair before. Getting a shoe with the proper fit is essential and employees at good running stores are really good ensuring this and suggesting shoes to fit your needs.

Comment

• NiKo
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2003

For running shoes I only use New Balance They've super comfy, light, and can fit orthodics if needed.

Maybe go see about having orthodics made. They'll be able to tell you right away if that's what the problem is. Some places use a computer to track how you walk, then it uses lasers and cuts out orthodics specific to your problem.

Comment

• krj
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by PatrickM98
          You have tried the shoe on before, right? Running shoes are one of those things that, IMO, you shouldn't get off of the internet unless you've owned a pair before. Getting a shoe with the proper fit is essential and employees at good running stores are really good ensuring this and suggesting shoes to fit your needs.
          You're absolutely right PatrickM98 - you SHOULD get at least your first pair of decent running shoes from a store first. I should have said that - good call

Comment

• Shaft
            Forum Rookie
            • Apr 2000

I use Brooks. Check out www.coolrunning.com

Comment

• ChesCopPodz
              Forum Member
              • Sep 2003

Just my 2 cents but a colleague that I run with also got shin splints so badly that they actually developed fractures. When he went to the doctor he found out that his problem wasn't with the right or wrong kind of shoe, but the fact that his running style was horrible and was the cause of the shin splints. He would run with his heel hitting the ground then rolling the rest of his foot down. As for the shoe thing, I agree that you should never buy shoes over the internet unless you have done so and know exactly which shoe to get. A sporting goods store or even a store like footlocker has people who know how to fit a running shoe to your foot.

Comment

• yangnome
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2003

If you overpronate, I too highly suggest New Balance shoes. they make very good running shoes, including many that help wiht this problem. brooks and Saucony also both make good shoes that compensate for overpronation.

Comment

• Phoenix
                  Veritas vos liberabit
                  • Sep 2003

If you overpronate, which is likely since you have shin splints, not just any running shoe will solve the problem. You most likely need what is known as "motion control" running shoes. All of the major manufacturers make "motion control" shoes, a few examples that you may want to look at include: Asics (Gel-Koji), Brooks (Beast), Muzino (Wave Renegade). Motion control shoes are a little heavier and cost between $110 and $140. However, if you're suffering from shin splints they are worth the extra weight and money.

Good Luck,

Phoenix
                  Phoenix

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself." ~Thomas Paine

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17166 users online. 27 members and 17139 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...