300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E cigarettes

The E cigarettes are truly the first real break through for smokers, and even non smokers. Smokers (who may or may not end up quitting from their use) can avoid most of the harmful compounds found cig smoke, and non smokers don't have deal with the smoke either.

I recently gave an E Cig set up to my friend Dave and it's changed his life for the better in a big way.

E Cigs are a win win in my view. What could go wrong? Per usual, the powers that be have decided to introducing legislation restricting the use of electronic cigarettes. Likely due to lobbying power of standard cancer sticks I'd wager....

E-cigarettes: Is a smoking alternative being choked by regulation?

"While e-cigarettes can be used as a stepping stone to ending nicotine addiction, some vapers see them as a way to continue a hobby they enjoy without the attendant fear of death. That's because although nicotine is the addictive ingredient in cigarettes many experts do not think it is especially harmful. It's the tar and other nasties in tobacco that kill.

"Nicotine is not very dangerous, and it's very unlikely someone will overdose on the nicotine in electronic cigarettes by inhaling the vapour," says Maciej Goniewicz from Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, New York - an oncologist who has analysed e-cigarettes and the vapours they produce."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23196369
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

I smoked for over 12 years, last year around September I purchased e-cig called Volcano, inferno cigarette. I used it for close to 2 months, dropped that around November, I am smoke free ever since, feels great to hate cigarettes finally!
    NYPD Exam 1315
    APD-5: submitted
    Initial Medical: done
    Social Media: done
    Written Psych: done
    Oral Psych: done
    BI: done
    JST: done

Patiently awaiting that dream job !!!
    Courtesy Professionalism ​Respect

NYPD from A to Z ( click on the link below)
    http://www.thewatchscene.com/2012/12...nypd-from-a-z/
    Always remembered ...
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/21042-de...eter-j-figoski

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

sigpic

Comment

I quit cigarettes cold turkey (after twenty years of 1-2 packs per day; my entire military career), so I have little compassion for folks that use e-cigs as an excuse or crutch.

I see children who had never smoked real cigarettes puffing on those things in my neighborhood.

They're not much less of a disgusting habit.
      Last edited by KenW.; 07-26-2013, 08:44 AM.
      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I think giving up on smoking is very difficult, and now there are E cigerattes and snus can reduce addiction of smoking and diseases due to smoking. You still smoke, but smoke snus. Snus is one kind of tobacco and it has less harmful than others but we cannot say it does not have side effects and the most dangerous one is causing cancer especially mouth and nasopharynx cancer. Why we are likely to choose snus to replace tobacoo the most because they think it is much safer and still satisfy themselves with smoking desires. And there still have arguments between its pros and cons. There is some debate among public health researchers over the use of "safer" tobacco or nicotine delivery systems, generally dividing along two lines of thought. Some (primarily in the European Union and Canada) believe in "tobacco harm reduction", with the general belief that while it should remain a goal to reduce addiction to nicotine in the population as a whole, the reduction of harm to the health of those who choose to use nicotine is more pragmatic than the desire to reduce overall nicotine addiction. In other words, people using more harmful forms of tobacco (e.g., cigarettes) should be encouraged to switch to less harmful products (e.g., snus). The other school of thought is that no tobacco product should be promoted, and that attention should be placed instead on getting users to switch to nicotine replacement therapy or quit altogether. In Norway, snus has helped cut down on smoking as well. People there have either used it to help them quit cigarettes or as an alternative to cigarettes if they hadn’t successfully quit. And some Norwegian youth have taken up snus instead of cigarettes.
        Cancer research has shown that the intake of calcium and vitamin D can be very helpful in preventing certain types of cancers, including colorectal cancer. Sardines are one of the best sources of calcium and vitamin D. And you know what the best for cancer prevention is? It is sardines. Because it has large amount of vitamin D. So if you want to have treatment for this cancer, you should use sardines. If you find it to give up smoking in short time, you can have this guy to support you, I mean snus and guava, they can reduce the risk and addiction of smoking
        https://wikihomenutrition.com/sardines-health-benefits/
        http://cessh.curtin.edu.au/local/doc...lth_cancer.pdf
        https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4084902/

Comment

Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
          The E cigarettes are truly the first real break through for smokers, and even non smokers. Smokers (who may or may not end up quitting from their use) can avoid most of the harmful compounds found cig smoke, and non smokers don't have deal with the smoke either.

I recently gave an E Cig set up to my friend Dave and it's changed his life for the better in a big way.

E Cigs are a win win in my view. What could go wrong? Per usual, the powers that be have decided to introducing legislation restricting the use of electronic cigarettes. Likely due to lobbying power of standard cancer sticks I'd wager....
          14n2
          E-cigarettes: Is a smoking alternative being choked by regulation?

"While e-cigarettes can be used as a stepping stone to ending nicotine addiction, some vapers see them as a way to continue a hobby they enjoy without the attendant fear of death. That's because although nicotine is the addictive ingredient in cigarettes many experts do not think it is especially harmful. It's the tar and other nasties in tobacco that kill.

"Nicotine is not very dangerous, and it's very unlikely someone will overdose on the nicotine in electronic cigarettes by inhaling the vapour," says Maciej Goniewicz from Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, New York - an oncologist who has analysed e-cigarettes and the vapours they produce."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23196369
          I think you're right.

Nicotine itself has characteristics both beneficial and harmful, the latter including being addictive, but the main hazardous contents of cigarette smoke are products of combustion of the source material (tobacco). These include carbon monoxide, particulate irritant matter (smoke), and resinous matters (tars) which in addition to gumming things up mechanically are inclusive of large amounts of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, some of which are proven to be carcinogenic.

When people add flavorants, other than pure menthol or something similarly innocuous, they defeat some of the benefits. Some people who mix their own liquid recipes include a small amount of ethanol to deliver a harshness that allows them to register the intensity of each puff, and this is beneficial compared to adding complex unknowns.

Comment

They also pose something of an interesting obstacle for law enforcement. Ecigs/Vape pens can be used, outside of the debatably koser flavored liquid/nicotine, to airosolize other forms of illegal narcotics like certain forms of heroin or marijuana wax without odor.

I know an ex-classmate of mine would sit in the back and smoke wax dab with his ecig.
            REINSTATE THE TRIG
            Originally posted by Iowa #1603
            Your logic defies logic
            Originally posted by Rudy8116
            Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
            Originally posted by Michigan
            Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
            Originally posted by TheTick
            A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
            Originally posted by TheTick
            This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
            Originally posted by 02paul09
            Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
              They also pose something of an interesting obstacle for law enforcement. Ecigs/Vape pens can be used, outside of the debatably koser flavored liquid/nicotine, to airosolize other forms of illegal narcotics like certain forms of heroin or marijuana wax without odor.

I know an ex-classmate of mine would sit in the back and smoke wax dab with his ecig.
              Excellent point Pullet, as a young officer many many years ago I felt Law enforcement was a lot simpler.
              If not enforcing municipal code anti-vice laws banning visiting opium rooms in addition to prostitution and other laws that could injure public morals. We were assisting BOP (Federal Bureau of Prohibition) enforce the Volstead Act. (jk)

Comment

Smoking is verboten on our campuses, ecigs included. M can't be smoked in public.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9688 users online. 463 members and 9225 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X