300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insanity

Been doing Insanity for the past week and a half. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it, and if so what your results were? I've found that my cardio has already improved a lot in just the short time I've been doing it. I go to the Academy in early July and I guess I'm just trying to get an idea of whether an intense cardio program like Insanity would be better preparation for the Academy than lifting and distance running, which I had been doing.

I'm a big guy at 6'3" 290lbs. and I did Insanity last fall and dropped 20lbs the first month. It works! However, in between the two videos is a week of stretching and I completely fell off the wagon. I did keep up with my 1.5 mile runs though. Hang with it. It helps in all aspects.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
      Yes... It gives significant jumps in performance. You would also be surprised how much distance running Insanity is giving you the ability to do.

I like it, but NOTHING is the only thing you should do. Keep trying new things to keep fresh and keep up muscle confusion.

Where is WillBrink?
      I've been doing it for a while and at 46 can run 10 to 15 miles like it's nobody's business.

I switch between Insanity, long runs and weights.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

I was wondering about this because I have to drop a significant amount before my medical in about a month. Is there anything else I would have to do with the insanity.

Comment

My wife and I went through Insanity once.. And now I do it a few times per week plus running and lifting. I feel more well rounded today then I ever have been before.. Great program!

Comment

Insanity is good, huh? I might try it. I'm into conventional gym pt time, like weights and running. Do you use TRX bands?

Comment

Originally posted by SLDPD View Post
              Insanity is good, huh? I might try it. I'm into conventional gym pt time, like weights and running. Do you use TRX bands?
              As I've said many times here, I'm a big fan of TRX for strength, kettlebells for strenght and endurance, and other cardio (running, biking, swimming, etc) for endurance. TRX is outstanding for general strength. If you do it to intervals (ie, Tabata), you can also build some cardio.

TRX is easy to travel with, but so are burpees, box jumps (find an appropriate ledge), pull-ups (a bar is at nearly every play ground), running shoes, etc. Kettlebells, on the other hand, are not easy to travel with (I've never tried it, but read stories). Speaking of traveling, I plan to make a home-made TRX using only 550 cord and appropriate knots (prussik and bowline). It should be light and small...

However, I think TheTick has it right, NOTHING is the only thing you should do. In other words, you should do multiple things, not just one thing. That seems to be the consensus and I agree.

Comment

I work out my fingers by typing a lot on my computer cause 95% of this job is reports and I'm gonna be good at it! j/k.
                http://www.youtube.com/user/military2police

Helping you transition from the military to law enforcement

Comment

Hey thanks for posting, everyone! I've done the first 3-4 weeks of Insanity so far (I did the first 3 weeks faithfully. Week #4 I took almost the whole week off to recover). I've trimmed down quite a bit and my cardio has improved significantly. I haven't really lost any weight, but I've definitely lost fat. My clothes are starting to fit a little looser. I feel great! Today I got back in the weightroom for the first time since I started Insanity, and I actually gained strength; that was something I hadn't really expected. One area that really surprised me was my upper-body strength. Insanity doesn't focus much on upper-body strength, but lo and behold, my bench press was higher than it was before I started. I felt stronger than I have in a long time. The only downfall I've experienced with it is that it is high-impact and is pretty hard on the knees/hips/ankles/lower back (hence the early recovery week). But overall I'd say I'm very happy with the program so far.

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap price of insanity instead of paying the three payments of 40 something it says on tv?

Comment

Check eBay and Amazon. I've seen it on there for as low as like $50-$60.

Comment

Originally posted by tut89 View Post
                        Check eBay and Amazon. I've seen it on there for as low as like $50-$60.
                        Thank you I am going to look now

Comment

Insanity is good in one month spurts. I did it too long and my body got waaaaay too used to it. I got back to running and I do military pt workouts instead of weights, since that is what we will be doing in the academy. I may throw a month of insanity in here and there to shake things up

Comment

I've been hearing good things about Insanity. I was going to try it out a while ago, but for some reason I decided not to. I'll probably give it a try and see how much of a difference it makes.

Comment

I'm guessing Insanity is the latest home workout craze... I still have old Taebo videos that I've never even opened. I deal with enough insanity on a regular...I think I'll pass.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5007 users online. 308 members and 4699 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X