300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decline Push Ups Body Weight %

Anybody have an idea of how much of your bodyweight you are pushing when doing decline pushups? Everything I have read is that "normal" pushups is somewhere between 65-75%. But the only site I found on declines (livestrong.com) says anywhere between 80-100. Obviously I know it is not 100. I've tried to check it on my scale but it's digital and always comes up as an error.

It depends on the angle, your weight distribution, and other factors. If you do a handstand pushup you're pushing up nearly all of your weight. Your scale can probably tell you the answers if you settle at each measurement position.

Comment

I am doing it off of a standard weight bench. Would 90% be too high probably?

Comment

Originally posted by wildlife97 View Post
        Like Monty said it would depend on how you distribute your weight. Why does it matter anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by wildlife97 View Post
          It depends on various factors. How top-heavy? Height? Upper and lower arm lengths?

Here's a link to a reasonably not-oversimplified article: http://cwanamaker.hubpages.com/hub/H...uring-a-Pushup

The article explains about incline pushups reduction in percentage of weight lifted compared to flat surface pushups.

Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 03-11-2017, 10:17 PM.

Comment

what kind of the brand body weight scale are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by bellydavid View Post
              what kind of the brand body weight scale are you using?
              It doesn't matter for this purpose.
              Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 03-11-2017, 10:18 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7389 users online. 314 members and 7075 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X