Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use C4 or jack3d, but I feel like all the pre-workout sups I've used are all the same. I just order by price and taste. Supplementwarehouse seems to have decent prices and a huge selection.

Comment

I'm not big on pre sup's, but I do occasionally use post sup's.

I'm used to working out, but I honestly hate getting up and going, and go through the up's and down's as well..., but I actually enjoy it afterwards, it feels great.My take on it: I hate working out alone, it gives me no motivation. What I found that helps is to attend structured classes at the local gym, this gives me a set date and time that's consistant, and "forces" me to workout, because the instructor is running it. The workouts are never boring, and change every time. Some days it'll be all arms, other days it's full body, so you could say it's somewhat a surprise as well.

The energy will come with time...I work 3rd's right now and don't understand why people need caffeine to stay awake. All caffeine does is energize your body for a short duration, and then crashes later. Eventually overtime you become immune to the effects, and you just keep drinking more. Sure, I drink a coke or whatever throughout the day, but I try to limit my caffeine intake to 1 12oz can/day, and even that's a lot. Some days I drink 2, some days I drink none. I do drink a lot more water than caffeinated beverages though. My personal opinion, I'd stay away from energy drinks as well.

My point is, drop the caffeine, and pick up the water. When your body is hydrated properly, and you're consistently working out (2,3 days a week is good), you'll feel better, more fit, and more energized.

Comment

I feel ya Tmg, I work 12s, 6pm-6am, and drive 66 miles to work everyday and 66 miles home, that makes for a 14-15 work day real quick if you include drive time. Count time for getting ready (s***, shower, shave) and the only time left is sleep. I try to at least run on my days off, but even that is tough sometimes.
        "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
        -Sun Tzu

Comment

There is no replacement for a good diet and exercise. Take it one step at a time, try eating better, less sugar and less refined carbs, try walking then work up to higher intensity. Will take about 3 to 4 weeks to start feeling better but it will be worth it. The energy supplements are not the answer as the effect is temporary and will not help next time your wrestling some young punk down on the ground. The last thing you need is severe muscle cramping or a heart attack while on the job.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
            Have you ever tried NO Explode? I used to take that when I trained for college football, great stuff. Also, what kind of workouts are you doing? I know when I was just running I would dread going to workout, now I added "fun" lifts (Dead, press, bench, row, squat) and I find it easier to go knowing that Im not just running.
            Came in here to post this. NO Xplode is excellent to get you motivated. Start with just half a scoop first or a little less, if that doesn't help try a little more and go from there.

Comment

Also, try forcing yourself right after work before you get home. I know when i get home I don't want to do anything so I try to force myself right after work.

Comment

I would not recommend a PWO when you get home from work. Those have A LOT of caffeine and can keep you awake longer than you would like. They do work though. But a lot of it is placebo. Most people just drink coffee.

Comment

This..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHiK...a5SGqI4M3FOBiS
                  Deputy Kent Mundell
                  Pierce County Sheriff
                  Dec 28th.
                  Gone but not forgotten...

Comment

For anyone who works night shift like myself, workout before you go to work. That's the only way I can lift when I work that day.

Comment

Disclaimer: I am not a law enforcement officer yet, but I am serving in the Marine Corps in a SOF type unit, and I can definitely relate to feeling too tired from work to want to work out. I just wanted to throw something out there for you...have you looked into taking up Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu? Regardless of how you personally feel it translates to law enforcement (as a form of self defense) I think it is one of the most rewarding, motivating, and fun workouts you can do. You will drop weight extremely fast, will build useful muscle, and like I said, have a great time. If you end up really enjoying it, you'll have no problem finding the time or motivation to get in there and train. We've had guys come into the gym completely out of shape but after a few months, they saw a dramatic transformation.

Again, my advice is to just give it a shot, most places will give you a couple free classes. If you need recommendations on a specific gym in your area, shoot me a PM and let me know where you are located, and I should be able to point you in the right direction.

Comment

I second what JR303 said about looking into BJJ. I did it back in college and my only regret was that I didn't start sooner. The hardest part is finding a good gym (run by good instructors and has good students.... not just a bunch of guys/girls with egos).

If you are just looking to get a little kick in ya, I highly recommend Citadel Nutrition's Tier -1 Pre-Workout.

Thiushttp://www.citadelnutrition.com/stor...lements/tier-1

Do yourself a favor, if you take any PWO (or want to start), give these guys a chance. A buddy told me about them three months ago and I haven't looked back. It's a clean product that runs the same, if not cheaper, than the major PWOs.

Back in college and overseas I've tried/taken a lot of other big name PWOs and they either didn't do anything for me or I found myself needing more and more just to keep with the initial boost. Some would even make me feel sick or bloated. I was a big fan of the original Jack3D (which they banned/changed into that crap micro/advanced formula) as well as HemoRage (THIS STUFF WAS AWESOME! You would just workout...and lift...and lift more... until a few hours have gone by and you realized that you can't move your arms but you still want to lift the entire gym haha. Great stuff but I think they changed/banned it too.). NOXplode was ok back in 2008 or so, now the new formulas are crap. Cellucore C4 is eh. The only major brand that I found to be an ok PWO was MusclePharm's Assault. I consistently took that overseas with great results. Definitely helped with getting me into the gym for a second workout or for a first workout after a long op. I've taken some stuff that some teammates ordered from the black abyss of the internet and my heart about ripped through my chest. With all of this being said, be aware of what you put into your body and always use with caution.

It all depends upon your tolerance for stimulants. At the end of the day, nothing helps you more than drinking 1-2 gallons (OF WATER) a day and eating clean. You don't need to go on an organic/paleo/gummy bears only diet, just eat clean and use your diet to fuel your body.

I personally wont be switching from Citadel Nutrition's PWO any time soon. It's the only PWO that I have found to not have any proprietary/mystery blends and provides consistent effects.

One more thing... For those of you in the MIL/LE realm, be sure to check out Rob Shaul's two sites: www.militaryathlete.com
                        and
                        www.leathlete.com

Absolutely amazing programming.

Good luck to all.
                        "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                          I second what JR303 said about looking into BJJ. I did it back in college and my only regret was that I didn't start sooner. The hardest part is finding a good gym (run by good instructors and has good students.... not just a bunch of guys/girls with egos).

If you are just looking to get a little kick in ya, I highly recommend Citadel Nutrition's Tier -1 Pre-Workout.

Thiushttp://www.citadelnutrition.com/stor...lements/tier-1

Do yourself a favor, if you take any PWO (or want to start), give these guys a chance. A buddy told me about them three months ago and I haven't looked back. It's a clean product that runs the same, if not cheaper, than the major PWOs.

Back in college and overseas I've tried/taken a lot of other big name PWOs and they either didn't do anything for me or I found myself needing more and more just to keep with the initial boost. Some would even make me feel sick or bloated. I was a big fan of the original Jack3D (which they banned/changed into that crap micro/advanced formula) as well as HemoRage (THIS STUFF WAS AWESOME! You would just workout...and lift...and lift more... until a few hours have gone by and you realized that you can't move your arms but you still want to lift the entire gym haha. Great stuff but I think they changed/banned it too.). NOXplode was ok back in 2008 or so, now the new formulas are crap. Cellucore C4 is eh. The only major brand that I found to be an ok PWO was MusclePharm's Assault. I consistently took that overseas with great results. Definitely helped with getting me into the gym for a second workout or for a first workout after a long op. I've taken some stuff that some teammates ordered from the black abyss of the internet and my heart about ripped through my chest. With all of this being said, be aware of what you put into your body and always use with caution.

It all depends upon your tolerance for stimulants. At the end of the day, nothing helps you more than drinking 1-2 gallons (OF WATER) a day and eating clean. You don't need to go on an organic/paleo/gummy bears only diet, just eat clean and use your diet to fuel your body.

I personally wont be switching from Citadel Nutrition's PWO any time soon. It's the only PWO that I have found to not have any proprietary/mystery blends and provides consistent effects.

One more thing... For those of you in the MIL/LE realm, be sure to check out Rob Shaul's two sites: www.militaryathlete.com
                          and
                          www.leathlete.com

Absolutely amazing programming.

Good luck to all.
                          thanks for the information

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7336 users online. 309 members and 7027 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X