300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart Rate Monitors

Does anyone use a writst watch-type HR monitor? I have a really hard time monitoring my HR by taking my pulse while running, and I don't like to stop running to do it. If anyone has experience with these, I'd like to know which brand/model you have found to be the best for the money.
    I'm striving to get back into the shape I was in when I was in the Corps. (long way to go)
    [email protected]

I use an Ascent brand chest strap monitor type and an "Ez-pulse" strapless monitor from Freestyle for when I don't mind stopping. The Ascent was a disapointment as even a one beat change in the rhythem of heat rate can send the monitor from showing the 170's to the 115's. The calorie counter is way off too. However I got it dirt cheap through a bicycling catalog and it gets the job done. The recovery counter does work. I usually only use monitors when I'm doing my hard day or interval training. I used it to find my true maximum heart rate(191bpm). Light days and endurance days I just run by feel. Check out the bicycling ads like from Bike Nashbar; you can get one that will do the job cheap.

Comment

I have a timex brand (i forget the model number). It sells at Wal-Mart for around $40. Comes with the wristwatch and a wireless chest harness. The only problem I've had with it is that the chest strap has to be moist to work properly. This problem resolves itself once you start to sweat. Other than that it works great.
      C. Davis

"Let us not forget those who gave their tomorrows for our todays"

Comment

Cool. Thank you for the info...$40 is my speed and I sweat like Richard Nixon anyway when I PT , so....

Comment

I have used a Polar for some time. It has the chest starp and watch receiver. Works great but it is about double the price of the Timex.
          "You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor."
          - James Allen

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5075 users online. 385 members and 4690 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X