300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing Bench Press

I'm wondering what would be best for me. I'll start off by saying my upper body strength is not the greatest by any means, I've always been more of a runner than a body builder.

I'm taking the physical agility test in two months and as part of it we have to bench press our body weight just once. I know it's not much but I want to make sure I kill it and am in the best shape possible when I take the test.

The test uses a smith machine where the bar is on poles so you don't have to stabalize it.

I'm looking at two different ways of gaining the strength needed. I can either use my cheap all in one workout center where it has the weights behind you attached by wire via a pulley system and you push forward. Or I could do the 100 push ups routine that takes six weeks to complete found here - http://hundredpushups.com/

I'm currently doing the 200 sit up routine to make sure I can easily knock out the 37 I have to for the test.

I appreciate the help!

Try looking at the other thread just posted on the exact same thing. I am sure the principles of strength training have not change in the few days since it was posted.

Even better decide to do more than just prepare for a test and get ready to handle business on the street and get on a legit strenght and or conditioning program and keep at it until your dead or incapable of movement.

Comment

I will give you 2 natural home remedies for acid reflux that have been proved by scientists and nutritionists.
      1. Banana
      Banana has many benefits to do with both health and beauty problems, including acid reflux. It is an alkaline fruit which helps to neutralize the acid in the stomach. Eat bananas regularly to get rid of acid reflux completely and quickly.
      • Banana acts as natural antacid that reduces the acid levels in the stomach. It also coats the stomach lining that helps to shield it from the gastric acid and its effects.
      • It has rich amount of potassium that helps for better digestion and absorption of food into the stomach. Potassium is generally an alkalizing mineral which helps to reduce the overall acidity of the stomach.
      • It contains a compound called Protease Inhibitors that helps to eliminate certain bacteria in the stomach.
      • It helps to increase the capability of sphincter to work properly by providing the essential strength to the weak sphincter.
      • It also has excellent source of minerals, vitamins (B6) and fiber that helps to strengthen the esophagus.
      • It contains several components that help to suppress the acid secretion in the stomach and maintains proper pH level in the stomach.
      • How to use it?
      • Eat banana before or after meals.
      • Or Add banana to your cereal in every morning, yogurt, smoothies and salads.
      • Or Eat low fat banana bread, banana muffins, banana sandwich with cinnamon, fruit bowl (exclude citrus fruits), banana cake, etc.
      2. Chamomile
      Chamomile is a common ingredient people use to make tea after meals so as to promote the digestion and relax their body as well.
      It is also used to cope with depression and anxiety, aiding people’s sleep at night.
      Despite the lack of firm evidence from science, chamomile may serve as one of many natural home remedies for acid reflux.
      According to a study, the combination of chamomile extract and other herbs had positive impacts on gastric acidity treatment.
      In general, the applications of chamomile in treating digestive issues traced back to thousands of years ago as it is one of the oldest herbs.
      • Get some teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers and pour hot water.
      • Boil them for several minutes and get the mixture strained.
      Enjoy a cup of chamomile tea whenever you feel pain of acid reflux.

For more information:
      https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/...may-help/?_r=0
      https://wikihomenutrition.com/home-r...s-acid-reflux/
      http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/02...n_6723744.html

Comment

wildly extratopical again, mamieramos ...

Comment

Yep, she's at it again. Post pics of yourself, mamie, or go away.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9518 users online. 398 members and 9120 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X