300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally hit a goal today

Pretty pumped about it. I know it's nothing to you guys who are throwing a 300 some odd pounds like it's nothing but for the first time in my life today I broke the 200 mark on my bench press. 210 to be specific. Now if I could ever put on some weight I would be fairly well off. Can't gain to save my life, weighed myself today and came in at 136 lbs. Ah well... going to try to dedicate the next few boring months in the sandbox to just eating as much as I possibly can.

I don't know if anyone remembers about three years ago when I first posted here but I had a workout journal and was pushing 85 lbs. as my 1 rep max at a weight of about 110 lbs. I'll take that as a decent improvement considering the last three years has been interrupted by things that wouldn't allow to weight train such as deployment and what-not. Definitely owe a lot to several posters on here who I've frequently read from over the years.

Ok, done talking about myself now. Back to what you were doing.

Columbus
    LA DEP: Obvious case of suicide.....shot twice in the back of the head with a bolt action rifle....
    CruiserClass: I took a nap today. It was such a great nap I felt the urge to share my nap with the officer.com world. It was that good of a nap.

That's it. Go check other threads were exciting topics are being discussed, this was seriously just about a really comforting and invigorating 35 minute nap. Move along, nothing else to see here, move along.

Congrats! It won't be too many years before you post about hitting 300Ibs... Stay safe!

Comment

please read

http://scottabel.blogspot.com/2011/0...rinciples.html

congrats on your progress!

Comment

GrayPatriot: Haha, maybe if I can ever get over 140 lbs. in size... but it helps that I have a lot of time to lift now. I've hit that stage of the typical "washed up E-4 11B on the down slope" and I'm enjoying every apathetic second of it.

Exodus: Very nice, I hope to be there in another two months or so but we shall see!

wee: Thanks for the post, that was a good read. Definitely learned a good deal just now.
        LA DEP: Obvious case of suicide.....shot twice in the back of the head with a bolt action rifle....
        CruiserClass: I took a nap today. It was such a great nap I felt the urge to share my nap with the officer.com world. It was that good of a nap.

That's it. Go check other threads were exciting topics are being discussed, this was seriously just about a really comforting and invigorating 35 minute nap. Move along, nothing else to see here, move along.

Comment

Congrats on reaching your goal!! How's your foot doing?
          Sky above me, Earth below me.... FIRE inside me

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you can find a rock. -Squirrel

so you feel like confucious just jumped out of your stale dessert and bestowed infinite wisdom upon you and your grease-filled tummy. - Evan

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
            GrayPatriot: Haha, maybe if I can ever get over 140 lbs. in size... but it helps that I have a lot of time to lift now. I've hit that stage of the typical "washed up E-4 11B on the down slope" and I'm enjoying every apathetic second of it.

I had a good friend who in Basic Training was around 125 pounds, but after our 3yrs he was around 165 and could do well over 100 pushups situps for days and had a 10:45ish 2 miler. He was a machine on on road marches and had solid gym numbers. I always picture you to be like him... I have said that before I am sure... I think I am getting old!

On a side note he is 18D now, or last time I heard from him...
            Last edited by GrayPatriot; 09-05-2011, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
              Wee, I'm not sure what that article is trying to claim, but its pretty obvious that more reps will equal more power used then just one lift. The article just comes off like some gym schmuck complaining because he can't move as much as some of the other guys were. Sure, the guy was unable to shrug 405 more then 2 times, but still. Being able to deadlift 405lbs and at least move it is something. It may not use as much energy as shrugging say 225 for 5 times, but it is still impressive as a max lift. I rep 190 on bench, but I just maxed 225. To me, that shows that my max output is going up little by little and that I'm making progress. According to that article, lifting that 225 is a waste of time and nothing to brag about because it doesn't use "as much energy" as my 190 reps? Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong, but that's what I got out of it.
              Yes you missed 98% of the importance of that article. I would read it 3-4x and maybe a few more if I were you.

If you don’t understand how muscle is built and why proper stimulation is important in developing bigger, thicker, denser muscle then yes the article is not going to be somewhat confusing to you.

More reps does not equal more power (again look at the diagram) its not that simple, that is the whole point of the article. As stated in the article “max-weight is not max-load”

What specifically are you not understanding from the blog?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5111 users online. 176 members and 4935 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
              X