Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mild heart murmur???????????????????? Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mild heart murmur???????????????????? Thank you!!!!!!!!!

I'm a 31 yr old man in great shape.
    I was born with a mild heart murmur that hasn't gotten any worse.
    Medical test I have gotten done for myself last month are.
    -- EKG, HEART RATE/BEAT NORMAL, 62 BEATS PER MIN.
    -- ECHOCARDIOGRAM, SHOWED MILD HEART MURMUR
    -- STRESS TEST, RESULTS ARE GREAT...
    I'm due in Harrisburg June 20 for my final step/evaluation.
    I'll bring all test results and hope for the best.

Thank you for your insight and wisdom.
    (anyone else ever in my shoes)
    IN ORDER TO GET THINGS YOU'VE NEVER HAD, YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO DO THINGS YOU'VE NEVER DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to inform everyone that my mild heart murmur didn't effect me and I passed my medical.
    IN ORDER TO GET THINGS YOU'VE NEVER HAD, YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO DO THINGS YOU'VE NEVER DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That's Great congratulations..
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

"Mild heart murmur" could mean any one of hundreds of things. Systolic or diastolic? Where is it heard best? Is there a click, S1, or S2? Escalating, descending, or diamond-shaped sound pattern? Is it accompanied by sounds of turbulent flow? Are there any other cardiac signs such as cyanosis or nail clubbing? It's a pretty complicated diagnosis.

That said, in general things that don't get worse aren't very concerning. Some people have "innocent" murmurs. Ironically, people in very good physical condition are more likely to have these because their heart is more "dynamic" (beats harder). The more rapid flow through the valve causes a "rushing" sound simply because you're pushing more blood through the orifice in the same amount of time than someone who is less fit. Think of a water hose...Water flows quietly until you reach a certain flow rate and then it begins to "murmur."

A lot depends upon the medical skills of the person evaluating you. If he/she is good at listening to murmurs and is able to put it into the total context, then you may be golden (assuming there's not actually something concerning). On the other hand, a less skilled clinician may simply hear the murmur and down-check you because there might be something wrong and they don't know how to tell the difference. Hopefully, you'll get a good examiner.
        "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
        But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
        "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
        We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Originally posted by thump View Post
          I just wanted to inform everyone that my mild heart murmur didn't effect me and I passed my medical.
          Doh! Overlooked that little post! Oh well...maybe the information will help someone else.
          "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
          But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
          "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
          We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
            that's great congratulations..
            thank you

Comment

Your signature is a little scary....

NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4032 users online. 237 members and 3795 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X