Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting ready for the physical fitness test...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready for the physical fitness test...

Ok, I found out some news yesterday - my agency might be sending people to the next academy in August - which means if I can pass our state's PT test and get my name on the list, barring others from jumping on who might have more seniority then me, I will be sent!

I know what to do for the run (run!) and jump but I need to increase my push ups and sit ups but about 10 each and I have a month to do it - suggestions?!

I've heard do sets of each 5-6 times a day (2 hours or so apart) - anyone had success with this? I've been preparing for an out-of-state PT test and I'm ready to pass that state's test but our state is a little harder - I didn't think they'd be sending anyone to the academy for a LONG time so I wasn't even thinking about our PT test!

Edited to add: I've been lifting weights which has helped me get where I am, albeit slower...I really wish I didn't slack off so much over the last few years...
    Last edited by Aerohead; 05-23-2011, 10:27 AM.
    Originally posted by RSGSRT
    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Get a deck of cards and flip three over. Do the total amount shown, alternating between push-ups for the total of 3 cards, then situps for another 3cards. Face cards are ten and aces can be 11 or 1 depending on how tired you are. If the amount of 3 cards is to tough just flip one and alternate pushups and situps. Do it once in the morning and once in the evening. Don't overtrain! you dont get strong when your training you get stronger when your resting. Drink a protein shake or eat a good protein meal within 30 minutes after your finished.

Comment

I can't say I did the deck of cards trick yet - but thanks for the info...

I've been trying the 'One Hundred Push-Ups' and 'Two Hundred Sit-Up' programs - so far, so good...if anyone cares, I'll let you know when I re-test to see if my max for both have gone up after the first week...
      Originally posted by RSGSRT
      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5839 users online. 230 members and 5609 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X