300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insanity.

Thinking about doing this. I'm in decent shape now so I think I can handle the challenge but have a few questions.

1. Is there any equipment required at all? The commercial says there is none but I want to hear this from someone who has done it.

2. The Army has me living on the third floor of an apartment complex. Will I **** the neighbors off below me when I do the workouts? There's a cross fit area at one of the gyms on post but I'd feel like an idiot hauling my lap top in the gym just to do the dam videos.

I could definitely take 2 inches off my waist which is really my goal. Going on leave in August so the timing is perfect. Should I get this program?

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

I actually just started it myself. You don't need any equipment at all. The only thing they suggest is a heart rate monitor and a yoga mat. To answer your second question, you do quite of bit of jumping but i don't think it's anything that would **** anyone off unless it's in the middle of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by jfloirendo View Post
      I actually just started it myself. You don't need any equipment at all. The only thing they suggest is a heart rate monitor and a yoga mat. To answer your second question, you do quite of bit of jumping but i don't think it's anything that would **** anyone off unless it's in the middle of the night.
      Thanks. I think I'll get it.

Comment

post deleted
        Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

What's the purpose of the heart rate monitor?

Comment

They are correct. You will do a bunch of jumping around and whatnot. You will need a decent space to do this on. I dont use a yoga mat but its all good. No equipment except for a water bottle and dedication. **** is TOUGH when you first start. I dont care what kind of background a person has, the compound exercises coupled w/ the intensity of the workout, it will get you in the morning...have fun!
            Academy Start Date: 7/18/11
            Test with State Agency:
            Background:
            Graduate Academy:
            Oral Board/Poly/Psych/Medical/Conditional Offer:
            Job Offer:
            Start Date:

Comment

Be careful with this program if you have bad knees, shoulders or ankles.

The program is all jumping and push up type shoulder exercise.

It's difficult but can cause some joint pain if your not careful.

Comment

I think Insanity is for those who need to lose a few pounds. I am in great shape and I found myself losing way too much weight ( for me 5 lbs is too much). I can see how Insanity can cause injuries b/c of all the jumping and plyo. I cut back my insanity days and mix it in with gym workouts with my trainer and cardio. I am just trying to get stronger so I will be buying Aslyum or P90X, but will keep my Insanity for that 1 x a week workout

Comment

Originally posted by bill198483 View Post
                  Be careful with this program if you have bad knees, shoulders or ankles.

The program is all jumping and push up type shoulder exercise.

It's difficult but can cause some joint pain if your not careful.
                  Originally posted by MDgirl View Post
                  I think Insanity is for those who need to lose a few pounds. I am in great shape and I found myself losing way too much weight ( for me 5 lbs is too much). I can see how Insanity can cause injuries b/c of all the jumping and plyo. I cut back my insanity days and mix it in with gym workouts with my trainer and cardio. I am just trying to get stronger so I will be buying Aslyum or P90X, but will keep my Insanity for that 1 x a week workout
                  Be aware of this. I just suffered a knee injury while going through the Insanity program. It didnt happen during an Insanity workout, but 1 day after I completed the 2nd week of it. I was simply kneeling down and felt my knee pop. As I thought back I wondered how this "freak accident" could have occurred. Then I thought about the fact that Insanity is a LOT of plyo type movements almost everyday of the week with almost no recovery in between.
                  After that I did some internet research and found a lot of message boards and articles that spoke of people who injured their knees either during the workout or around that same time. MOST of those applied to people who had previous injuries or joint problems. Obviously day after day plyo work isnt the best idea for a lot of those users.
                  www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

First week and I am loving it. I think it's perfect for me because I've been lifting for ages. This will give me a slimmer look for the summer while getting me in better cardio shape.

Hey, if nothing else I am digging Tanya, the chick up front.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4581 users online. 282 members and 4299 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X