300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vid: All Prowler Sled Leg Day

Just did this all Prowler Sled leg day! Man that bad boy gets HEAVY!!!!!

Next goal, 10 plates for 75'

Then die...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw6BmqHLUm4
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Nice. I'm still considering buying a cheap knock off Prowler like sled.

By the way, those pants don't make your *** look fat.........

The fat makes your *** look fat.

Comment

Originally posted by SOI View Post
      Nice. I'm still considering buying a cheap knock off Prowler like sled.
      If you don't want to spend the $$$, just get a basic drag sled.

By the way, those pants don't make your *** look fat.........
      Good to know!!!

The fat makes your *** look fat.
      Kiss my big black....
      - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
        If you don't want to spend the $$$, just get a basic drag sled.

Good to know!!!

Kiss my big black....
        I considered a drag sled, but I want to be able to push it too. For dragging I'm currently looking for a good quality sack that I can fill with sand so I can do bag clean and press, and drag it. It's amazing how hard it is to find a good quality bag/sack. And at what point in this country did we do away with rope? Trying to find good rope bigger around that a ski rope is like looking for the lost cities of gold.

Comment

I considered a drag sled, but I want to be able to push it too. For dragging I'm currently looking for a good quality sack that I can fill with sand so I can do bag clean and press, and drag it. It's amazing how hard it is to find a good quality bag/sack. And at what point in this country did we do away with rope? Trying to find good rope bigger around that a ski rope is like looking for the lost cities of gold.
          Dude, my vids using sand bags has mentioned one brand many times. See middle of page of my recommended stuff page on Sandbag Fitness Systems:

http://www.brinkzone.com/store/

On the sled, they make an econo Prowler also. Saves $$$, essentially same results. Forget budget brands. Save pennies, stick with EFS
          - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Update: I obtained my goal of 10 plates for 75" forward and 8 plates for 75" in reverse. There was three of us, and one ended up with bad prowler flu blowing chunks in the bathroom. To his credit, he did come back and finish his sets!

But, he's only 20, so I give him partial credit.
            - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

We use those prowler sleds at my crossfit gym... I really love / hate those days. They are especially fun when the asphalt we slide them on gets heated by the hot sun.... Sometimes I feel it would be easier to just pick it up and run with it.. lol.
              Yes I'm a LEO... but I do no care enough to go through the trouble of changing the screen name.... sorry

Comment

Originally posted by LE2BE View Post
                We use those prowler sleds at my crossfit gym... I really love / hate those days. They are especially fun when the asphalt we slide them on gets heated by the hot sun.... Sometimes I feel it would be easier to just pick it up and run with it.. lol.
                Some times that might be the easiest thing to do!
                - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Will- with your relationship with EFS, I'd assume you're also familiar with Christian Thibadeau from t-nation and his work with the prowler. For the very, very slim chance that you're not, you'd probably be interested in his stuff.
                  use my trueprotein.com discount code for 5% off- MTD244

Comment

Originally posted by SportsterChop View Post
                    Will- with your relationship with EFS, I'd assume you're also familiar with Christian Thibadeau from t-nation and his work with the prowler. For the very, very slim chance that you're not, you'd probably be interested in his stuff.
                    I know Thibadeau of course, but I have not read anything of his specific to the Prowler per se. I don't spend any real time at T nation personally. Dave Tate, Wendler, etc, have written a fair amount about sled and or Prowler I have read.
                    - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

CT uses the prowler pretty differently than Wendler, or at least based on articles, etc. I've read a LOT of what Wendler has out there to read. Wendler is known for loading up that prowler and doing work, running hills and being a beast. I consider myself fortunate for having talked to him about training, motorcycles, life, etc. Great, great dude.

CT uses the prowler in a way that i can best describe as too "un-simple" for Wendler's views. CT uses the prowler a lot for eccentric-less training, for hypertrophy mainly. For example, attach some EFS blast straps to it, do a chest press, take a step forward, do another. Removes the eccentric portion, therefore much of the "damage"/doms/etc, speeds recovery, allows one to train more frequently. Not that he is dismissing the benefit of the eccentric portion, but for how much more frequently he and his athletes are able to train, he believes it is worthwhile sometimes. It's definitely interesting stuff, and just another way to use that beast of a machine.

Man I want one!

Comment

Originally posted by SportsterChop View Post
                        CT uses the prowler pretty differently than Wendler, or at least based on articles, etc. I've read a LOT of what Wendler has out there to read. Wendler is known for loading up that prowler and doing work, running hills and being a beast. I consider myself fortunate for having talked to him about training, motorcycles, life, etc. Great, great dude.

CT uses the prowler in a way that i can best describe as too "un-simple" for Wendler's views. CT uses the prowler a lot for eccentric-less training, for hypertrophy mainly. For example, attach some EFS blast straps to it, do a chest press, take a step forward, do another. Removes the eccentric portion, therefore much of the "damage"/doms/etc, speeds recovery, allows one to train more frequently. Not that he is dismissing the benefit of the eccentric portion, but for how much more frequently he and his athletes are able to train, he believes it is worthwhile sometimes. It's definitely interesting stuff, and just another way to use that beast of a machine.

Man I want one!
                        I use the Prowler in that manner on occasion. Using the handles, press, take a step forward, press, and so forth, as part of a chest workout. I have also done it on back day via handle, take a step, do a row, take another step, do another row, etc. Variations/uses for the Prowler are virtually endless. You aint really that far from my Prowler Competition in August....just sayin'
                        - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
                          I use the Prowler in that manner on occasion. Using the handles, press, take a step forward, press, and so forth, as part of a chest workout. I have also done it on back day via handle, take a step, do a row, take another step, do another row, etc. Variations/uses for the Prowler are virtually endless. You aint really that far from my Prowler Competition in August....just sayin'
                          Ha, actually I will be driving through Boston area tomorrow- August I'm at FLETC for USPP though

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6056 users online. 302 members and 5754 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X