• Show
Clear All

• Creatine and type II Diabetes

Yet more possible benefits of creatine:

Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise:
    May 2011 - Volume 43 - Issue 5 - pp 770-778
    doi: 10.1249/MSS.0b013e3181fcee7d
    Clinical Sciences

Creatine in Type 2 Diabetes: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial

Full study:

Creatine in Type 2 Diabetes: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Pla... : Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise

Potential health related benefits of creatine continues to grow...
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Originally posted by Lawdawg45
    "Potential health related benefits of creatine continues to grow... "

I'm confused, I didn't think you were a fan of these types of supplements?

LD45
    Not sure I follow LD. I'm a big fan of anything that has solid data to supports it's use and safety. Creatine is one such supplement. A true "no brainer" supplement due to its potential health benefits and athletic uses. I recommend a read at my main web site (BrinkZone) to see more of discussion on what is worth using and what's not, etc. as well as my various posts here on O.com where I give thumbs up and or down to various supps.
    - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

OK. Was it some of the other ingredients in the NOX CG3 that you said you weren't a fan of?
      That and the "NO booster" category that formula falls under I consider money not well spent. There's a variety of issues I have with the category and the specific formula. And, who ever writes/wrote their product info, didn't pass 6th grade biology. For example:

"The ingredients in NOX-CG3 fall into three different categories: nitric oxides, creatines, and glutamines. They have been included in Xyience NOX-CG3 because this specific combination of creatines, nitric oxides, and glutamines will provide you with the safest and best results possible."

There are no "nitric oxides" in that formula or any other. It appears the author does not know the difference between nitric oxide and a nitric oxide precursor

Does not bode well....
      Last edited by WillBrink; 05-11-2011, 07:50 AM.
      - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

OK, got it! I was just curious about the NO, I have a friend who is a research PhD here at IU, and they're studying the effects of NO in diabetic patients and the stimulation of collateral circulation in the extremities. He said they've had amazing results in their lab animals, but no human trials yet. I'm particularly interested since I'm now a type 2 after months of high dose prednisone therapy for the RA.
        NO is an extremely complex system, so if your PhD level researcher friend is still working on that, why would some knucklehead at some supp company be ahead of that? As directed before in PM, look at the Life Extension Protocols for RA, Type II etc in terms of supps worth using as a good reference point. They tend to do a good job of sticking to the science and give you an exact protocol to follow.
        - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

All good points and I agree 100%. I think the research group has already accepted the data acknowledging vessel dilation and increased blood flow, but the stimulation of collateral circulation was a new aspect. I've downloaded the info from the LE site, thanks again!

LD45
          To give you a tiny (and I mean TINY) example of how complex the NO system is, this is from a conference I attended recently called The Drug Discovery For Neurodegeneration Conference:

"NO is a ubiquitous biological messenger that is involved in countless functions in the human body. Because NO is so ubiquitous within human physiology, it can be found in both health promoting and health degrading processes. The enzyme Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS) catalyzes the conversion of the amino acid arginine to NO. However, there are three versions of this enzyme (isozymes) that act on different tissues. The one most people are probably familiar with – due to the fact it’s responsible for smooth muscle regulation and blood pressure, is the endothelial isozyme – which is called eNOS. The second form of the enzyme is called nNOS, which effects neuronal tissues and is important for neurotransmission. Finally, the third version of the enzyme is called iNOS and which acts as a cytotoxic agent during normal immune responses. It’s the second version of this enzyme (nNOS) that appears to play an important role in diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s, Parkinson’s, and others. An over production of NO via nNOS is pathologically elevated in these diseases as well as during strokes, migraine headaches, and cerebral palsy. "

Cont:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articles/dr...nference-2009/
          - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14350 users online. 459 members and 13891 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X