300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for workouts that you can do by yourself to condition yourself for wrestling another person. For those who have had to tangle with someone else, I think we can all agree how quick you get gassed, even though you can do cardio all day long.

Suggestions?
    100lb+ sandbag training. Heavy unbalanced load that will kick your a $ $.

BJJ as others mentioned

HIIT training (heavy bag work, etc)

A program that included the above would make for an exceptionally difficult person to out last in a wrestling match, assuming they are unskilled. Skilled wrestler, another issue...
    Last edited by WillBrink; 05-09-2011, 05:39 PM.
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Thanks to both of you.

Comment

Go to a farm and try to cuff a pig.

Comment

Man, these are some awesome suggestions! As strange as it sounds, I can't wait to get out of the academy so I can train more. I get a healthy dose of PT and defensive tactics at the academy, but I have to go along with the program. Plus the ever-present academics. Leaves me not much time to work on stuff like this.
          "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio5-0 View Post
            Go to a farm and try to cuff a pig.
            I think that might be a Class A misdemeanor in my state.. depending on your intentions.
            "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by adeutch View Post
              I think that might be a Class A misdemeanor in my state.. depending on your intentions.
              Maybe, but you're still okay as long as the pig doesn't squeal.

Sorry, that was too good to resist.

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                You need to go and look up a book called Infinite Intensity by Ross Enamait.

I fought a guy on the side of the road for almost ten minutes before my back up arrived and I attribute the conditioning to his routines.

There is a big difference between 'cardio' and muscular endurance as well..understand the two.
                +1
                I love Infinite Intensity. It will be the best $25 you ever spent!!

Comment

Originally posted by POSr View Post
                  I teach Ground Avoidance and Ground Escape VIA PPCT and one of the stats that I use very often is that you use the same amount of energy fighting on the ground for one minute that you use to run a mile.
                  Seems unlikely, but I suppose it could be true. According to fitday's online calorie calculator, a 6' tall/200lb 35 YOM burns about 415 calories/5 minute wrestling match (this = 4980 calories/hr). Very interesting...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9383 users online. 328 members and 9055 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X