300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box Squats

The title says it all. Anyone here doing box sqats.

I read about it years ago and just recently started. I guess I have been guilty of going more and more shallow as my weight climbs up. I had a reality check the first 2 times I did them. But they have climbed much more quickly than I imagined possible. I do mine at about 12 inches currently. I am due for a change in depth and I am dreading goind even further down soon. I do mine for 6-12 sets of 2. If I am going heavier I might do a few singles to finish up.

I am hoping they pay big dividends on my dead lifts. I am stuck at about 400 on them and I really want to get up to about 500 or so. I have noticed my back feeling alot better since switching up, due to the weight differnce between box and conventional squats. My carry over is rigth at around 50-60 pounds for now...

If you don't know what I am taliing about google it and find the Louie Simmons article, I wish I had gone ahead and tried it years ago when I first looked into it. I was just to lazy to make the box...

I did box squats for years when I was competing in powerlifting. I was generally following the Westside method, so once a weeek they were done with light weight for maximum bar speed, and they were in the rotation with other exercises for max and near-max singles for maximum effort training. They worked well. Box squats train proper form, strengthen the hips and hamstrings, and make you fast and explosive.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Great movement. As stated they are great for keepin form and depth in check. I typically go heavy following the 5/3/1 template, occasionally throwing the chains on.
      This is for all you new people. I only have one rule: everyone fights, no one quits. You don't do your Job i'll shoot you myself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7497 users online. 213 members and 7284 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X