300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating

I am wondering what everyone is eating when they get cravings for the sweet things in life?

I currently work part time 3rd shift and I have put on almost 20+ lbs from eating at night while at work or while I am at home and I am looking for ideas of things that can keep my sweet tooth busy instead of hitting the junk foods.

apple cinnamon rice cakes are good. A teaspoon of peanut butter is good and cures that craving quick, especially if you add some honey with it.

But im not a fitness guru. Just adding my 2 cents on the matter.

Comment

Lollypops and flavored gum. Both are sweet and have little to nothing to them.
      The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions I will have to give them a try.

Comment

I find that I often times mistake thirst for hunger. So I get a Crystal Light drink packet and mix it with my bottled water.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            I find that I often times mistake thirst for hunger. So I get a Crystal Light drink packet and mix it with my bottled water.
            I do the same thing. I have an metal water bottle with me at work, and I just throw a 0 calorie drink mix in and it really curbs my hunger. I also like sugar free hard candy too. You can get generic drink mixes at Target or Wal-mart that are really inexpensive as well.
            "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

Comment

Go to Krogers and get the packets of pre-cut apples that come with a little cup of caramel dipping sauce.

Comment

When your brain says candy bar your body just wants sugar. You should be able to satisfy it with orange juice or a piece of fruit as long as you can train your brain.

It should be easy to grab a thing of juice or if you want to bring fresh fruit or even canned fruit with you.

World_So_Cold

Comment

+1 I buy the ones with yogurt or peanut butter also
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
                  (")_(")
                  Copy and paste Bunny into your
                  signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

As crazy as it seems I've developed an allergy over the past few year to a lot of things. I developed an allergy to nuts, all fruit, and my pollen allergy is ridiculous. I'm 32 and was fine my whole life, but it started about 4 years ago. I actually have a theory behind it. I was diagnosed w/ Chrons disease about 5-6 yrs ago. When I 1st got diagnosed I was taking 4 pills 4 times a day for a total of 12 pills. I swear that this is what brought out my allergic reaction. I no longer take any medicine, but it's too late...

Anyway, the point is I used to love fruit but can no longer eat it - apples, grapes, pears, blue berries, pineapple, kiwi, melon, avocado, etc... I can't eat any of it and it svcks!!! When I eat it my throat swells up and I can't breath...

Comment

^^^Man, that's horrible! I have heard allergies change in your body every 7 or 8 years so that could also be a problem.

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/featu...syndrome-foods

World_So_Cold

Comment

Originally posted by needguidance View Post
                        ^^^Man, that's horrible! I have heard allergies change in your body every 7 or 8 years so that could also be a problem.

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/featu...syndrome-foods
                        That's an interesting article. I keep an epi-pen in my car and benadryl in my wallet, but I've never actually been tested to see what I'm allergic too.

But, from the list of foods, it looks like its a little of everything...

Ragweed Allergy: “Ragweed, in theory, cross-reacts with bananas and melons, so people with ragweed allergies may react to honeydew, cantaloupe, and watermelons, or tomatoes,” says Warren V. Filley MD, from the Oklahoma Allergy & Asthma Clinic in Oklahoma City.

Zucchini, sunflower seeds, dandelions, chamomile tea, and echinacea also go on that list, notes the AAAAI's web site.

Birch Pollen Allergy: People with birch pollen allergies may react to kiwi, apples, pears, peaches, kiwi, plums, coriander, fennel, parsley, celery, cherries, carrots, hazelnuts, and almonds.

Grass Allergy: People with grass allergy may react to "peaches, celery, tomatoes, melons, and oranges," the AAAAI states.

Latex Rubber Allergy: Like pollen allergy, people allergic to latex rubber may react to "bananas, avocados, kiwi, chestnut, and papaya," the AAAAI states.
                        Last edited by sln78; 04-14-2011, 12:23 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7429 users online. 204 members and 7225 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X