300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vid: Prowler Sled Day!

Ever use a Prowler Sled??!!! Made this short vid today after my pal Jim and I did some Prowler sled pushing... I think he wanted to kill me, but he was too freakin' tired. Jim is ex UMC, has had multiple knee surgeries on both knees, and is no spring chicken, but I have to hold him back from over doing it as he has no quit in him.

Gotta love the 20 - 40 somethings who can't get it together to get the needed exercise...just sayin'

The Prowler is, bar none, one of the best strength, conditioning, GPP tools you can use! The Prowler rules all....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfrOk1oUv_o
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
    The Prowler is, bar none, one of the best strength, conditioning, GPP tools you can use! The Prowler rules all....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfrOk1oUv_o
    That's quite a statement. Ive got a line on one of these that will make it pretty inexpensive...Im just not sure about it yet. Im just concerned about how often I will use it.
    www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Haven't tried it out yet, I've heard good things, though.

Don't rule out the tire flip!

hahah, love em.

Comment

I love tire flips too!
        "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by inewell00 View Post
          Haven't tried it out yet, I've heard good things, though.

Don't rule out the tire flip!

hahah, love em.
          Originally posted by adeutch View Post
          I love tire flips too!
          Me too. Plus all the other things that can be done with a tire. But trie flips are just FUN!
          www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
            Me too. Plus all the other things that can be done with a tire. But trie flips are just FUN!
            Tire flips is great stuff also.
            - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

That's quite a statement. Ive got a line on one of these that will make it pretty inexpensive...Im just not sure about it yet. Im just concerned about how often I will use it.
              It's a heavy beast and not easy to transport. I tend to use the basic drag sled more often.
              - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
                It's a heavy beast and not easy to transport. I tend to use the basic drag sled more often.
                Yeah thats part of my concern. I would have to leave it outside and since I have no yard to speak of..would need to transport it in order to use it.
                www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Yeah thats part of my concern. I would have to leave it outside and since I have no yard to speak of..would need to transport it in order to use it.
                  The Econo Prowler is the lightest easiest to transport. Mine is the Prowler 2, and it's probably 80-90lbs empty. What I have done is left it at the gym until it's warmer. It's not like anyone can break the damn thing. Bang for the buck, I'd say $$$ better spent on standard drag sled honestly. If you do that, flip tires, etc, Prowler probably adds little for the cost it ads and being a PITA to transport. It works great with a group of people, and I use it with the LE, etc teams I may work with, so for me, it's got biz and personal uses.

You also have various options, there's the two major handles to push, but two more sets in the front lower, which are much harder and you have rings in the front to attach harness, and or straps for reverse pulls. If you have a SUV kinda thing, and a parking lot close buy to push it, and want something different, I think you'd enjoy it, but probably not a "must have" item in your case is my guess.
                  Last edited by WillBrink; 04-09-2011, 11:45 AM.
                  - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Great video Will. You were pushing some serious weight on that last set. I wish I had one. It isn't even the price itself that hurts, it's that shipping is nearly as much as the sled itself. I'm probably going to get a cheaper push sled. One of the ones that's just a flat skid with a weight peg in the middle. Put a rope on it, and drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SOI View Post
                      Great video Will. You were pushing some serious weight on that last set. I wish I had one.
                      Thanx, my stupid sneaker coming off meant that was probably max weight for the day. I wanted to try 4 plates per side (8 total) but sh&% happens, so I stopped there.

Originally posted by SOI View Post
                      It isn't even the price itself that hurts, it's that shipping is nearly as much as the sled itself. I'm probably going to get a cheaper push sled. One of the ones that's just a flat skid with a weight peg in the middle. Put a rope on it, and drag.
                      As mentioned to brownj21 above, standard drag sled is better bang for the $$$ anyway
                      - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8354 users online. 246 members and 8108 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X