Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5 mile time

Hey all,
    I am trying to get my time down on my 1.5 mile and was wondering what you all have done/suggest in getting it down. Have you found that doing the 1.5 over and over helps or going longer distances during your run helps in getting the time down for example 2 mile run, or something else.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

More running is pretty much it...I wouldn't just shoot for 1.5miles. Run further distances and then the 1.5 will be easy. I would also suggest doing some sprinting every now and then as well. There are numerous topics on this very question already so I would suggest searching for them.
    yeah!

Comment

You're right I should have just done that in the first place! I found a really good thread that answered my question really well. Sorry for the unneeded thread guys! Thanks Prov1x for answering.

Comment

Would you be willing to post the exact thread you found? I will also search this, just curious as to which one you're looking at.... Thanks!

Comment

Google "Fartlek training". It really works.

Comment

Crossfit Endurance guys. It's Crossfit's running site. The workouts are ridiculous and they focus on interval training. They post a new workout everyday just like the regular site does. Took my 1.5 from 11:22 down to 9:50 in two months. Also dropped 12 pounds. Check it out

Comment

Crossfit is so overrated it's ridiculous. Marketing marketing marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dellde View Post
                Crossfit is so overrated it's ridiculous. Marketing marketing marketing.
                say what!!!!!!????

Comment

Always start by building with endurance. Then work on speed.
                  "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                  -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
                    Always start by building with endurance. Then work on speed.
                    Very good advice...

Comment

I hope to be an older applicant this summer, and to qualify I'll need to do a 20 meter shuttle run to level 6.5, which really only means about 7 minutes with a maximum speed of about 7.5 miles per hour. They say that if you can do 1.5 mi. in 11:30 then this won't be difficult.

Here's what I've started doing (speed has been increased from 5mph to 5.5mph to 6mph):

Four rounds of 0.5 mile at 6 mph on treadmill followed by 2 sets 12-15 reps of a dumbbell exercise (sometimes 2 exercises, depending on what it is - shoulder press, bench press, biceps, triceps, row, etc.).

I wear a HR monitor and it keeps it up from a max of 160 to a "low" of about 130 for 40 minutes or so.

Comment

That's a great time. The guy at your work is an idiot who probably couldn't run a mile in 10 minutes.

I love these people who don't run or do 5 miles on a recumbent bike or eleptical at the gym and try and compare it to running on the road.
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
                          I ran my last 1.5 in 10:25, which I think is pretty good? There is a guy at my work work that claims it isn't impressive at all and that it is "average". He doesn't even run or work out, lol.
                          my opinion, that is a great time. The fastest I have every run mine is like 11:50 something....and i was mentally making myself run faster. when i just run, not for time, I tend to do it in about 13 or so, not fast at all...but i am not a runner (although i enjoy running) but 10:25 i say is very respectable. In academy the fast guy was running the 1.5 in right at 9:13 or so, you ask me thats fast, he was skinny and had almost no "muscle" mass, which is not bad at all just a different body type. I say whether some one is under weight, at their "correct weight" or overweight and they are working out and getting themselves moving, thats speaks volumes over someone who never works out and has an opinion on the correct way to work out or what some one else should be at. I am not small at all, I am also not fat, but when i see some one that is obese, outside, in the gym running or walking I think to myself, way to go!!!! Keep up the good work!!! dont be ashamed of where you're at keep trying and you will succeed!! Just my .02 cents!!! every body keep up the great work.

p.s.
                          I saw a motivational poster the other day, something to the effect of "great things are not achieved is one huge step, rather it takes a series of tiny steps to reach your goal". Could not agree more!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                            That's a great time. The guy at your work is an idiot who probably couldn't run a mile in 10 minutes.

I love these people who don't run or do 5 miles on a recumbent bike or eleptical at the gym and try and compare it to running on the road.
                            LOL, seriously!! And then they tell you what you're doing wrong... I agree, that's a great time...
                            "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

Comment

You know it brother we came up together!! (with running) Did my second 5 mile run this past Sunday and it felt great. ..I gotta find those old posts from us.

What's it been two years now since we first started posting and looking for advice on running?
                              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7989 users online. 267 members and 7722 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X