Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I went through the academy, they told us that because of our position, we have lost the right/luxury to be out of shape.
    www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

An academy you earned a salary for attending? An academy which your agency paid money for you to attend? Did your academy make you PT on your own time? Have you attended HGN, DRE, Advanced Accident Investigation, Motor, any instructor schools on your own time/dime? Why shouldn't the department make you pay your own way for everything except the hours you spend enforcing/investigating? You get paid for annual quals and legal updates, right? Why does the red side get paid to pump iron and bust their *** on a treadmill but the blue side doesn't?
      Last edited by Sgt. Slaughter; 05-28-2011, 10:45 AM.
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
        An academy you earned a salary for attending? An academy which your agency paid money for you to attend? Did your academy make you PT on your own time? Have you attended HGN, DRE, Advanced Accident Investigation, Motor, any instructor schools on your own time/dime? Why shouldn't the department make you pay your own way for everything except the hours you spend enforcing/investigating? You get paid for annual quals and legal updates, right? Why does the red side get paid to pump iron and bust their *** on a treadmill but the blue side doesn't?
        Is this directed to me? Im not sure since you didnt quote me or anyone else and it is the reply right after mine.
        www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Not you in particular. I was expanding on your line of thinking given the academy statement. The questions were general in nature.
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12352 users online. 486 members and 11866 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X