300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasted Cardio Facts!

Fasted cardio (doing cardio on an empty stomach) in hopes of optimizing fat as the fuel source, is a strategy that’s been around for decades. Only recently has enough data been compiled from various sources to really come to a conclusion on this topic. I cover the topic in this latest vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyeICyNmW8U
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Seems like a good way to burn off muscle mass too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignite View Post
      Seems like a good way to burn off muscle mass too.
      It's a great way to lose muscle. As mentioned in the vid, not conducive to retaining LBM/muscle
      - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
        Hmmm, so here would be my first question. Does this just apply to immediately waking up and jumping into cardio? Or is it the same throughout the day? Reason why I ask, is that for two days out my routine, I'll run decently hard on the treadmill for 30-minutes. Burns about 530 cals. However, I then continue my routine afterward, and bench, incline bench, press, etc. I usually do those runs on my chest/arm days. On day 5 of my routine, I just hit the track and run without working out anything else. ANYWAY, you said increased nitrogen would effect maintained muscle/gains. Is that in general, or does this ONLY apply to an empty stomach?
        The issue is long fasts, which for most is after 7-9hours sleep. Depends on your goals, and other factors, but as a rule, best to do cardio after resistance training, not before. Best to do them on different days, or times in the same day, if possible. Intense weight training + cardio tends to be catabolic to muscle tissue, but again, depends on overall goals, total cals, etc.
        - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12252 users online. 427 members and 11825 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X