Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simi-Liquid /Soft Food Diet for a week.

So I have to go in for oral sugary and they doc said I be a simi-liquid only / soft food diet for about a week. He told me he want it to be low in fat, high in protein and moderate to high-moderate on carbs . Really the only Ideas I have for this as far as things I think of are oatmeal, yogurts, protein drinks, eggs, breed (maybe).

Any ideas would be great. It can't be anything that requires much in the chewing.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

Has anyone treid they protein oatmeals? Any good of just make/mix my own?
    (\__/)
    (")_(")

Comment

puddings, rice pudding,jello

Comment

breed? lol..ok i wont touch this one. good luck though
        dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Fenix View Post
          breed? lol..ok i wont touch this one. good luck though
          Add some lower fat chesse, get carbs and protein and the food is still soft
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

Did you mean "bread?" If not, WTF is "breed?" I'm going to say NO just based on the name but I'm still curious.

I would say protein drinks/smoothies, yogurt and pudding works. I could pretty much live off of that.

I even did some experimenting with mixing Jello sugar free pudding and zero carb protein mix. I took the chocolate protein shake mix and added water (not milk, to save on calories and carbs), made a thick shake, and then added in the Jello pudding mix. It sets up pretty well and makes a good high-protein, low carb pudding. Of course, your mileage may vary depending on the protein you use, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
              Did you mean "bread?" If not, WTF is "breed?" I'm going to say NO just based on the name but I'm still curious.

I would say protein drinks/smoothies, yogurt and pudding works. I could pretty much live off of that.

I even did some experimenting with mixing Jello sugar free pudding and zero carb protein mix. I took the chocolate protein shake mix and added water (not milk, to save on calories and carbs), made a thick shake, and then added in the Jello pudding mix. It sets up pretty well and makes a good high-protein, low carb pudding. Of course, your mileage may vary depending on the protein you use, etc.
              Damn my smartphone trying to out-think what I want to type and screen too small too notice... yeah it should be bread.

I'll have to give the Jello stuff a try. Damn good thing I like yogurt and pudding because it'll be a cold day before I buy myself baby food
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

When I had wisedom teeth removed, 3 at one time (that's all I had) I did do baby food, it just needed salt, then it tasted like something I ate before. Don't knock it, it does work

Comment

Originally posted by CACBAND View Post
                  Damn my smartphone trying to out-think what I want to type and screen too small too notice... yeah it should be bread.
                  That's what I reckoned.

I suppose you could just blend up all the stuff you like, too. Toss a pepperoni pizza in the blender or something, eh?

Comment

Ensure...they are like milkshakes.

You can puree anything....just make sure food particles don't get stuck in your sutures. Dry socket is a bitch! Warm salt water rinses help.
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Ensure is nutrtionally CRAP! You are better off with protein shakes and yes Muscle Milk Protein Oatmeal is good as is their protein shake. Trueprotein.com sells a protein broth and it too is good and satiates quite well.
                      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Most morning I make a protein shake in a Vitamix:
                        Frozen strawberries, banana and grapes
                        Protein powder
                        Vitamins C, B+, fax seed oil, fish oil, E, multiple combo
                        Bran

It would get old for lunch and diner though but I have a different juicer for veggies. Some people have lived for extended periods on juicing so a week is doable. I'd sure give a steak hell afterwards though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11440 users online. 399 members and 11041 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X