Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickly building stamina

Hey all
    This time last year i was able to run my 1.5 miles in 12-13 minutes easily.

After a winter off i am having trouble running for the entire 1.5 miles. I can still easily do 0.5 miles at speed. I have a PAT coming up on the 15th so i was thinking that if i took the next two weeks and increased 0.10 miles a day that I should be ready in time.

Is that too ambitious?
    The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Most likely over ambitious.... But with that being said give er hell and get two-three days rest before the test. Hopefully your mind will tell your body to STFU and do it.

good luck
    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

It's really hard to comment on these posts because all you can really do is run as much as you can without overtraining. Just like lawenforcer said, just ask 100% from your body on that day and hope for the best.
      "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

Comment

Thanks guys!
        The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

As a general rule of thumb, for every week you take off, you need two weeks to recoup.

Run as much as you can without overdoing it, work in some HIIT workouts and get some rest. Odds are you've cut it way too close though.
          Originally posted by kontemplerande
          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

It was nice today so I did my 1.5 today during lunch at my pace from last year. It wasn't too bad. I guess it could have been difference between treadmill and road...

I will try it again on the treadmill tomorrow and see what happens.

Comment

Go to a track or something and mix in sprints with your run. Sprint/jog/sprint/jog. Push yourself... It's so easy to feel discomfort and pain when you aren't conditioned, but your body can take a lot more than your mind gives credit for. Don't quit. You'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by NHNSP_ADMIN View Post
                It was nice today so I did my 1.5 today during lunch at my pace from last year. It wasn't too bad. I guess it could have been difference between treadmill and road...

I will try it again on the treadmill tomorrow and see what happens.
                I would strongly suggest that your training matches how your testing. If your test is being done on a track outside, I'd be working out as much as possible there.
                "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

Comment

I agree on the mix spints with runs, at least that's what works for me. It is always a chore getting back in to fitness after the holidays, so you are not alone. I had a retired guy tell me that body armor shrinks in the cold - "Can't you tell that after a long, cold winter your vest is always a bit tighter?"

If it's the PT test in Allenstown at 8:30 on the 15th, I'll see you there. If not, good luck with yours wherever it is.
                  The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

No it isn't Allenstown, I wish I had known about them. Going for Boscawen myself, also on the 15th.

Turns out my treadmill just needed to be calibrated.

The incline was off by 2% so when it was set for 1% I was running at 3%
                    Last edited by NHNSP_ADMIN; 04-02-2011, 08:46 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8562 users online. 262 members and 8300 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X