Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all. I am finally going to be able to start running again this week when I get some new shoes. I also start my new job as an EMT soon, so I am going to get a work out lifting people all day.

Comment

I spent a year working on an ALS Rig and in an ER, if I did it all over again I would partner lift everybody. We used Stryker Power-Cots and even though they operate hydraulically they are still heavy bastards and loading people in the rig solo can be a recipe for trouble...and also, never crush the medic's hands in one after your pt had 8 nitros and is having a bonified MI, it doesn't benefit anyone.

But on the related note, pull ups always make me feel like a weak little man, I can crank out 5 right now hovering at 195 pounds but I'd like 10 in a row.

Comment

This is actually my second job as an EMT. The first one they said I wasn't "getting it" but couldn't say what I was getting. The new place I am going to has the power cots. My first job had regular ferno stretchers. The only complaint I have heard about the power cots is they are like 40 lbs heavy making it even more fun when the battery dies or you have to carry it upstairs.

Comment

Sublime, you could also add in some hammer grip pullups and chinups to your routine. You will be able to do more reps of those. The hammer grips really helped me get my reps up for wide grip pullups. Hope this helps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9290 users online. 298 members and 8992 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X